Wednesday 18 October 2023

Ghoulish Greetings

 Hi there my crafty friends!  I started today's card by going through my scrap box and finding some amethyst, antique gold and gold mirror card.  I cut them into half inch strips.  I covered a piece of card with a sticky adhesive sheet.  I laid down the strips next to each other on the adhesive sheet, alternating the colours.  Next I cut a white frame using the Double Stitched Rectangles.  I added mounting foam to it and added it to the middle of the card.  I cut the Skeleton die set in white.  I cut them again in amethyst card and nipped away the hats.  I glued the purple hats on to the white skeletons and added them inside the frame.  I cut the Ghoulish Greetings in black and glued it beneath the frame.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 3/4"  x  9 1/4" in size.  All for now, Sue x
























                                                                                
                                                          Follow my blog with Bloglovin

24 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
I love these guys brilliant thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, such a great way to use up all those scraps, the background looks amazing. Hands up who else has loads of scraps that they keep.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

Another fun card.

June, I have both hands up!! x

Love Helen xxx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what a fantastic card - beautiful background and with your totally non-scary skeletons!! Colleen xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

Fabulous card.

Barbara V

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A great fun card & uses up your scraps which is a bonus. Yvonne xx

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
A lovely card today thank you Sue.Hugs to all that visit today x

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Not sure today…Love all the elements- the skeletons are such fun and the background is great as is the sentiment though maybe a little lost (but that could just be the photo s) but not sure…

Dj from kettering said...




I've got 2 hands up, June!!

As I've said before, Halloween is not for me, but it
Is a lovely card.

Doreen x

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Not your typical scary Halloween card, but a good example of a design that could be used for other cards and a great idea for using up all those scraps that we all collect.

Lisbeth

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Love those dancing skeletons

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a brilliant card, love the colours. Bx

Scottydog said...

I don’t do Halloween but your skeletons do make me smile. Thank you Sue.

Anonymous said...

This card is great sue great for useing scraps that all crafters save for another time it makes you smile thank you sue xxxxxstay safe my friends June Horrocks xxxxxx

sued99 said...

I love this colour combination and yes, I admit to having lots of scraps too! X

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a great card and I love your skeletons, they always make me smile :-)

Frances

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
I love today’s cheeky card especially their purple hats lol!
Hugs x
Heather T

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
Yes a brilliant way to use up all your old scraps.
Love the effects of your skeletons.
Owlish Xx

Marion Scott said...

Hello Sue, a great card and the background is fabulous. Glad I am not alone for having a lot of scraps. I try to organise them by colour but then forget to use them lol
Marion S x

hazel young said...

Awesome card Sue xx

Hellma said...

Great card, love the background and the fun skeletons

Judy Hollers said...

The skeletons are all dressed up with their purple hats on! Love this card! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

A fun card,

I too have both hands up June
Marlene O

Pawprintx4 said...

Hi Everyone,
I am behind on posting. Its been very busy here lately. Anyhow, I do love this card. Love the craft busting background. I used the skeletons on a number of Halloween cards that just went out yesterday but didn't think of this background. Maybe next year....with my memory, who am I kidding?
Have a great weekend,
Stephanie K