Monday 23 October 2023

Happy Christmas

 Hello bloggers!  It's getting closer and closer now, even the shops are full of Christmas decorations!  I selected a piece of aqua card for the background.  Next I cut the centre die from the Stained Glass Snowman out of both white and black card.  I used the black die cut as a shadow behind the white one and added it to the aqua card with mounting foam.  I cut the Snowman die out of black, white, aqua and red.  I used the fall away pieces from the the other colours to paper piece the snowman.  I used just a tiny piece of orange card and cut it for his nose.  I added it to the other dies with mounting foam.  I cut the Happy Christmas from the Christmas Wordie sheets and added it below the snowman with mounting foam.  I cut the outer frame from the set in white and cut away the long edges and glued them to the sides of the card.   The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  7 1/2"  in size.  

I forgot to mention that the October die release starts here tomorrow morning at 6am.  I hope you will be able to join us back here then!  All for now, Sue x





 
                                                      Follow my blog with Bloglovin

29 comments:

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, fabulous card, I do love these stained glass die sets, must get cracking with my Christmas cards soon
Marion S x

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Thank you a beautiful card.
Take care all Kitty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A lovely card. The Snowman is so cute.

Barbara V

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is a beautiful stained glass die set.Hugs to all that visit today x

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous cheery snowman & I love your paper piecing dies. Yvonne xx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is so cute!
Hugs x
Heather T

June Smith said...

Good Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, oh SueI am so pleased to see this one, I absolutely love paper piecing and so this is right up my street, another one to go on my list. Thank you for sharing.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what a gorgeous card. Colours are just perfect too! Colleen xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a fabulous Christmas card today. Bx

Dj from kettering said...




He has such a lovely face & smile, makes everyone
tell so happy.



Doreen x

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. I love this happy snowman and what a good idea to add the outer frame as borders down the sides of the card.

Lisbeth

Scottydog said...

Always a pleasure to be greeted by Mr.Frosty’s smile in the morning! Lovely card. Thank you Sue.

Liz said...

Wonderful card, what a cute snowman! xx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
I love the colours you’ve used for your stained glass snowman, thank you for sharing this gorgeous card

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

One of my favourite cards today. He’s just adorable and I love the colours you have used and his cute little orange nose.

Love Helen xxx

Beryl said...

Lovely card.

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Wonderful card Sue x the snowman is so cute and I love the colours you have used x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Hellma said...

Wonderful Christmas card

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I love this card. I have been surrounded by Mr Frosty die cuts this week-end but they have been coloured and glittered, now I want to make some more and paper piece them!

Frances

Anonymous said...

the snowman alone makes you smile i love him suethank you so much for inspiration stay safe my friends June Horrocks xxxxxx

sued99 said...

Lovely card. I really like the way the white edger sets it off. X

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A fab post using my favourite of the frame dies...

Anonymous said...

Love the cheeky smile on this cute snowman, lovely card, thank you Sue
Marlene O

Lynne L said...

Lovely card the snowman cant fail bring a smile to my face!

Pawprintx4 said...

I love the stained glass dies. I don't have the snowman but I do have the poinsettia & the Christmas tree. The guy is really cute.
Stephanie K

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
Loving your Christmas snowman card so very smart this card.
Owlish Xx

hazel young said...

Stunning card Sue xx Hazel

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love how the aqua colour looks with the Stained Glass Snowman and the borders! Fabulous card!