Saturday 21 October 2023

Season's Greetings

Hello bloggers!  I selected a piece of cobalt blue card and used the Tidal Sand embossing folder to add texture to the background.   I cut a smaller rectangle of cobalt blue card and matted it with white card and added it to the middle of the card.  I cut a bauble from the Opulent Baubles die set.    I cut the bauble with two pieces of white card.  The top copy cuts all the way through while the bottom piece of card only embosses the design into the card and cuts the outer edge.  I used the lower card to colour the image with markers.  I covered it with a piece of sticky adhesive sheet, then I put the white die cut piece on top and trimmed away the excess sticky sheet.  I glittered it with Diamond Snow, the added it to the middle of the blue mat.  I added a silver top to it and cut the beaded piece from the Bauble Branch so it looks like it is hanging.  I added some foliage from the Foliage Pieces set cut out of Brushed silver card.  I cut the Noble Season's Greeting out of Brushed Silver card and glued it below the ornament.  The card was completed with white and cobalt blue mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/4"  x  9"  in size.  All for now, Sue x







 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

31 comments:

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A truly spectacular card which I love from the background to the bauble. I love the way you have coloured the bauble & then added diamond snow.Yvonne xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Another real beauty thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a beautiful card, can easily be used as batch making for Christmas, oh I like this, and yes you have guessed it, I have all the dies and ef's, ha ha.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a beautiful card, love the embossing folder and also the way you have coloured the bauble . Gorgeous
Marion S x

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is a beautiful card today I love it.Hugs to all that visit today x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A stunning card. The embossing folder is beautiful and the bauble looks amazing, especially the way you have coloured it. I really like this card..

Barbara V

Betty McAlister said...

Morning Sue. Simply beautiful. Love this card xx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
Wow, a fabulous card.
B xx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning.
Another lovely card today and again one that I would love to drop through my letterbox. This is a must for my ever growing list. Thankyou
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds. Please stay safe and well 🙏.

Beryl said...

Beautiful card.

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Wow! Today’s card is gorgeous I love the cobalt blue colour!
Hugs x
Heather T

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, this card is magnificent, love the bauble. Bx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Such a beautiful card, from the embossed background to the delicately coloured bauble I love it

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Lisbeth said...

Morning Sue. What a really striking card today and such an unusual colour choice for Christmas but it really works. I must try something similar myself.

Lisbeth

Anonymous said...

l love this card sue very pretty and thee colours are lovely thank you my dear sue xxxxxxJune horrocks xxx

Scottydog said...

I only have one word today……..stunning! Thank you Sue.

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what an absolutely stunning card! Colleen xx

sued99 said...

Wonderful card. X

hazel young said...

Stunning card Sue xx Hazel

Dj from kettering said...



A great lovely card today.


Doreen x

Lynne L said...

Fabulous card I love the way you've coloured and glittered the bauble it looks fantastic!

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Gorgeous post and particularly love the colours (I usually go for the traditional red, gold and green)...

Hellma said...

Great card love the bauble

Has anyone heard how Steph is doing?

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I absolutely love this card. From the moment the blog opened I wanted that card in my hands, it is gorgeous.

Frances

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Wonderful card Sue x I would not have thought to use the embossing folder on a christmas card but it looks absolutely stunning x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
I think you're Christmas card is brilliant today great card to be able to do a batch of the same, in a much easier format.
Owlish Xx

Liz said...

Fabulous card, I love the colour combination. xx

Anonymous said...

Another really gorgeous card today Sue.
Beautiful colours
Marlene O

Judy Hollers said...

Absolutely wonderful card. I love the ornaments and the pine branch! Hugs.

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A gorgeous card, love the colour and embossing folder. The bauble is especially nice.

Love Helen xxx

lindyloo12Somerset said...

I really like the Tidal Sand embossing folder, the colours used look great and the bauble very festive.