Wednesday 4 October 2023

Ghoulish Greetings

Hello there my crafty friends!  I selected a piece of white card for today's card.  I cut a giant circle die and attached it in the middle of the card.  I inked all the area around the circle with a black ink pad.  I removed the circle and used the paper it was cut from to block out the black inked area.  I sponged yellow into that area.  I removed the mask and just added some soft swirls around the edge of the yellow circle to make it look like the atmosphere was moving around it a bit.  I cut the flying witch in black from the Witching Hour die set and attached her in the middle of the yellow moon along with three bats.  I cut some gravestones and part of the spooky gate rom the Graveyard die set and used them at the bottom of the card.  I also cut Jamie's Pumpkin Border in black and I nipped away four of the pumpkins and added yellow backing pieces behind them and added them to the scene. I cut the Ghoulish Greetings sentiment in white and glued it to the top of the card.   The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/4"  x  8 1/2" in size.  All for now, Sue x





 
                                                          Follow my blog with Bloglovin

24 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Another great card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, I am not a follower of Halloween as you can probably guess Sue but I do appreciate that the detail on these samples from the release are fantastic.

Stay safe, healthy and happy hugs June Smith xxx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - what a genius card! Love how you’ve done the background - so clever and effective! Colleen xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful background that really shows off your beautiful witch flying through the air. Yvonne xx

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
I am not a lover of Halloween but the background is amazing.Hugs to all that visit today x

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, I’m also not a lover of Halloween but I do appreciate all the work that has gone into all your samples and this one with your amazing background certainly captures the mood of a dark spooky evening.
Marion S x

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Like June, I do not really follow Halloween either but it is well worth looking at your cards to pick up on ideas and techniques. I do love the graveyard dies though.

Lisbeth

Beryl said...

Lovely card.

Anonymous said...

dear sue like some of my friends i don’t do holloween but this card is so clever
and i do appreciate the work that has gone into it the graveyard die is just great
thank you sue June horrocks xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
What a fantastic Halloween card today love your inspiration and so much details it's brilliant.
Owlish Xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Absolutely fab post today - loving the moon to set off the silhouettes - really effective....

Dj from kettering said...



I'm another who doesn't do Halloween, but this
card is so good.

Doreen x

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, another super Halloween card, love the big yellow moon/circle. Bx

Scottydog said...

Not a Halloween lover but the detail in this card is great & love that witch. I will miss Halloween anyway as I will be in hospital! Thank you Sue.

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A very atmospheric card with your amazing background and all the great details

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Hellma said...

Great card, the grandchildren love halloween and always get excited when I show them your cards

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a great card and the background for your flying witch is brilliant.

Frances

cr@fty said...

Good afternoon Sue
Another fabulous Halloween card! 🥰
Hugs x
Heather T

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card Sue, Halloween is coming xx Hazel

sued99 said...

Love it! X

Judy Hollers said...

Love this fabulous card! Hugs.

Pawprintx4 said...

Yikes! A spooky Halloween card. I love it. I have been organizing my crafty supplies along with some house renovations all summer and today I am finally having friends over to craft. I don't know where to start. I did order SW Halloween, year 2 of course. I really love making Halloween cards.
Hope all here are well, happy, and having a great day,
Stephanie K

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
A great card for Halloween , love it x

Gabriel said...

Hello if you are in need of a private investigator/hacker to help you with any hacking help whatsoever from spying on your spouse phone, to clearing of criminal records, bad credit record repair, increase of credit score, hacking of business emails,recovery of stolen cryptocurrency they are the best personnel for the job contact them via email Premiumhackservices@gmail.com also Whatsapp +14106350697 contact them for any job and thank me later