Friday, 31 July 2026

Merry Christmas

Hello crafters!  I selected a piece of white card to use as the background, but also wanted to have some embossing on it too.  So I cut another piece of white card on the diagonal and embossed it with the Falling Snow embossing folder.  I taped it to the bottom of the white background card.  Next I cut the Holly Lattice Border with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  I used the white card to colour the design using a gold paint pen for the holly leaves and a silver paint pen for the berries.  I rubbed some dries clear glue onto the lattice section and then glittered it with Diamond White glitter.  I glued the black die cut on top and then mounted it diagonally across the card where the join was between the two background sections.  I cut two Pierced Poinsettias out of white gloss card and assembled the pieces then glued them into place at the edge of the border.  I used gold centres for the flowers.  I cut several of the Heirloom Flourishes as accents and added them around the flowers.  I cut the Merry Christmas sentiment out of both antique gold and gold mirror card.  I used the gold mirror card as an offset shadow behind the antique gold die cut then glued it to the top section of the card.  Thee card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 8" x  8 1/2" in size.  All for now, Sue x








 
                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

9 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue. A lovely cool card today it is so pretty thank yo Take care all Kitty.

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a beautiful gold and white card today, I am going to have a go at this one later today if I can, even if I just cut out the pieces before my craft room gets too hot to sit in.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A great card using my favourite embossing folder.
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Another beautiful card using my favourite Poinsettia flowers & another great embossing folder. Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

Liking the card
Elizabeth Bennett

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Sue. WakeyL

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Striking post - love the use of the border in this one 😊

sued99 said...

Lovely card. I think I’ll try this one over the weekend. X

Liz said...

Gorgeous design Sue, I love the touch of sparkle.
Liz xx