Friday 26 January 2024

You Are So Special

 Hello crafters!  I selected a piece of Wisteria card for the background.  I used one of the dies from the Ornate Lattice Border die set and cut it into the top and bottom edges of the card.  I backed it with Amethyst card.  Next I cut the Stained Glass Grapevine die.  I cut the outermost die in black and layered the middle die cut in white on to it.  I cut the Grapevine die with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  I used the white card to colour the image with markers.  I added a piece of sticky adheisve sheet over it and trimmed it to the edge of the oval, then attached the back die cut version on top.  I coated the entire die cut with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz, then I used the markers to add some shading directly onto the glitter (it gives it a very intresting look in real life).  I attached the Grapevine die cut to the centre of the card.  I cut the You Are So Special sentiment in black and added it to a white backing shadow.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finisged dimensions are 7 1/4"  x  8 1/4" in size.  All for now, Sue x
























 
                                                                      Follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, Wisteria, black and white are a perfect combination of colours for this sample, love it, and the glitzy bits too.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a brilliant card, I love the subtle effect of the glitter. Bx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card today with a subtle effect of glitterblitz. Yvonne xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A gorgeous post. There’s something about the grapevine set that really appeals and works so well as a stained glass die…

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a fabulous card, love it
Marion S x

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. A lovely card today Sue. And what a lovely combination of colours. I think the black outer edge of the stained glass centre die really stands out and sets the whole thing off. I have said before ... The stained glass dies are not for me for some reason ... I don't know why. But this doesn't take anything from the work that goes into any of their designs Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs ๐Ÿค—and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds. Please stay safe and well everyone ๐Ÿ™

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Love the wisteria and amethyst colours together and your colouring of the grapes is superb especially over the glitter

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a beautiful card. I love the colours and the 'frosting' of the grapes and leaves.

Frances

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the colours are gorgeous and the grapevine looks fabulous x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Today’s card is so pretty!
Hugs x
Heather T

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
I’ve only just realised I never congratulated Ann on winning the prize ( sorry Ann)
Hugs x
Heather T

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a lovely sparkly card today. I think that the images you have created for all these die sets are lovely, but for me the best and most useful bits are all the different frames.

Lisbeth

ursula said...

Beautiful card, ideal fora mans card….luv Ursula xx

sued99 said...

Lovely colour combination and great design. X

Judy Hollers said...

Beautiful card in my favorite "purple" colors! Hugs.