Monday 8 January 2024

Stained Glass Birthday

 Hello bloggers!  I cut an aperture in the middle of a piece of white card using the cutting edge from the Stained Glass Birthday die set.  Next I embossed the cad with the Padded Quilt Embossing Folder.  I added mounting foam to the back then attached another piece of white card.  I cut the centre Birthday die with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  I used the embossed white card and coloured the design with markers.  I covered it with a piece of sticky adhesive sheet, then added the black die cut on top.  I coated it with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz, then trimmed away the excess sticky sheet.  I added it to the aperture with mounting foam.  I cut the outer decorative die from the set in black and glued it around the aperture opening.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8 3/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x








 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

21 comments:

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx Hazel

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A fabulous card with my favourite embossing folder & lovely stained glass dies. Yvonne xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, such a beautiful card today, I love the glittered inside of the cake and candles, brilliant, added to my 'To Do' list.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card. I will have to try this technique of embossing the card, colouring and then glittering it.
B xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A lovely. Card

Barbara V

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a beautiful card, love just the pop of colour with the white space. Bx

Marion Scott said...

A beautiful card Sue, I love this technique of colouring the card and covering with glitter, used it a lot with Christmas stained glass dies, much easier than paper piecing when fingers are not so nimble any more.
Marion S x

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit today. Another lovely stained glass card sample ... And as always a lovely work of art. I still can't do d that embossing folder though.. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds. Please stay safe and well 🙏

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - this is so pretty! Colleen xx

Beryl said...

Lovely card.

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. This die is so versatile as it would work for either gender and any age group. I love the technique using glitter to colour them which I used when I very first started paper crafting.

Lisbeth

Scottydog said...

A lovely card with the glitter to give it a sparkle, suitable for everyone, a good one to have as a standby for a last minute forgotten birthday!

Anonymous said...

Like the padded quilt EF. Sure it looks better in the hand,
can't really see all the glitter
Maria x

Anonymous said...

Cute card and the quilted embossing folder is on my list. WakeyL

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card with the lovely padded quilt embossing folder and love how you’ve coloured the stained glass die and added the glitter
Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

sued99 said...

A gorgeous card with just that extra sparkle. X

cr@fty said...

Good afternoon Sue
I’ve finally caught up on the last few days! Today’s card is so pretty and using my favourite embossing folder!
Hugs x
Heather T

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Great post. You can't go wrong with these stained glass dies and they are so effective against a white background and particularly this embossing folder...

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Brilliant card Sue x the birthday die is so versatile and I love how you have used it on your card today, it's wonderful x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Anonymous said...

l love thi sue love the bight colours thank you sue stay safe my friends love JuneHorroks