Thursday 11 January 2024

You Are So Special

Hello crafters!  For today's card, I cut the Stained Glass Maple Leaves three times.  Each time, I cut the die, I used a black piece of card on top and a white card underneath as I cut the die.  This gave me three embossed white copies of the image.  I coloured all three of the images with autumnal colours of alcohol inks, then only coated one with clear Cosmic Lacquer and set it aside to dry.  I cut the leaves out separately on two of them, then glued them to the sides of the card as a border.  I cut the outer die from the set in black and the middle die in white.  I layered them in the middle of the card then added the third of the maple leaves to the top of the layer.  I cut the You Are So Special sentiment in black and glued it to a white backing piece then added it to the bottom of the card with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/4"  x  9 3/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x 






 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very pretty card lovely and bright thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, such a beautiful design, the gloss on the leaves really do show the true colours of the Maples Leaves (I think that is what they are called), stuning design.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card with another fabulous set of stained glass dies. Yvonne xx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, this card is amazing, I love the autumnal colours and the layout. Bx

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - I absolutely love this! Genius idea to put the cosmic shimmer lacquer onto the alcohol markers - looks just like stained glass! You are one very clever lady Sue! Colleen xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Gorgeous and a great die set to use your lacquers…

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit today.
A lovely card Sue. But those who know me ... know the stained glass dies are not one of my favourite craft dies. This doesn't mean I don't like the end product. They make lovely cards ... as we have all seen on this fantastic blog. So as always ... Thankyou Sue for showing us you beautiful work.
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds. Please stay safe and well 🙏

Anonymous said...

Great card for anyone. WakeyL

sued99 said...

Fabulous cards. I love the way you’ve used the leaves down the edges.x

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the maple leaves look so pretty x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Marion Scott said...

Hello Sue, a beautiful autumnal card. Love the look of the lacquer over the markers, beautiful
Marion S x

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
What an absolutely gorgeous card! I love the autumnal colours you’ve used.
Hugs x
Heather T

Scottydog said...

A. Lovely card showing so many colourful leaves, isn’t nature clever? A good stand by card for forgotten birthdays! Thank you Sue.

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card Sue, this is one of my most favourite die sets and card designs xx Hazel