Sunday 7 January 2024

Best Friends Forever

Good Sunday morning all!  I started today's card by covering a piece of black card with a sticky adhesive sheet.  I peeled the backing paper off and added some Raspberry Kiss Gilding Flakes to it.  I used a piece of Rubit Scrubit pad to move the flakes around all the sticky areas then to refine and remove the excess flakes.  Using the Art Deco Ornate Tile die, I cut it into the gilded card.  I added a piece of black card behind it as a backing.  I cut the Art Deco Ornate Labels out of black gloss card.  I added a white backing piece to it then added it to the middle of the die cut with mounting foam.  I cut the Best Friends Forever from the Friendship Wordie sheets to the middle of the die.  I cut the Art Deco Fan Border out of black card.  I cut it down the middle and added the pieces to the top and bottom of the card.  I cut a thin strip of black card and glued it to the cut edges of both the border pieces.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8 1/2"  in size.  All for now, Sue x





                                                       Follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Another beauty thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue

A lovely card.
B xx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning, a beautiful card Sue
Marion S x

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another lovely card today. When is your next die release please.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Wow,Wow, Wow what a beautiful card & I love the raspberry kiss gilding flakes. Yvonne xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A lovely post. Particular loving the gilding flakes…

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Love those gilding flakes but for me, the card is is bit too busy. I would perhaps not have included the two border dies which, for me, are just a step too far - sorry.

Lisbeth

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning
I am really Loving all these Art Deco samples Sue, and this one is no exception. I love the different background with the guilding flakes.
I always try to imagine what they would look like in black and gold/silver as I think some of these would be great for the dreaded man cards. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today
Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - this is stunning! The gilding flakes look amazing too - really add to the Art Deco look! Colleen xx

Scottydog said...

Sorry but this background doesn’t do it for me today! The die cuts are great but on a different background! Sorry! Thank you Sue.

Anonymous said...

A beauty today thank you sue xxxxxJune Horrocks

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a beautiful opulent card this morning, the gilding flakes are an unusual colour combo. Bx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
While I love your art deco cards I’m not sure about this one, perhaps it’s just a bit busy for me

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

sued99 said...

I’m not too sure about this one although your art deco dies are so lovely. X

hazel young said...

Fabulous card Sue xx Hazel

Anonymous said...

Another not to like card. I see many don't like the background but everyone's different. WakeyL

Lynne L said...

Lovely Art deco card I bet the gilding flakes look amazing in real life!

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
What a beautiful Art Deco card, I love the background!
Hugs x
Heather T