Tuesday, 11 August 2026

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Hello bloggers!  I started today's card by cutting the outer section form the Twinkling Lights Octagon out of both white and black card.  I used the black die cut as an offset shadow behind the white one.  Next, I decided to use the middle section from the Holly Wreath Octagon and I cut it with a piece of white card on top of a piece of red card.  I glued the red car in place behind the white die cut, then added mounting foam and attached it to the outer die.  I cut the centre section with the lights out of a piece of black card then I glued a piece of acetate to the back of the die cut.  I decided to use glitter and make it look like a real stained glass.  I started with the darkest colours first, working my way to the background, which was done with Diamond White glitter.  I let it dry overnight, then attached it to the rest of the card with glue.  I cut the Most Wonderful Time of the Year sentiment from the Festive Wordie sheets and added it to the bottom of the card with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white, red and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2"  x  7 1/2"  in size.   All for now, Sue x








 
                                                          Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue. a very pretty card thank you take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another beautiful Christmas card with the lights glittered in different colours and the sentiment says it all.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

Lynne Lampard said...

Good morning Sue and everyone Today's card is beautiful I love the glittery lights

Anonymous said...

Great card, and what is christmas without festive twinkling lights. WakeyL

Anonymous said...

Nice card
Elizabeth Bennett

Liz said...

Another beautiful Christmas card, Sue.
Liz xx