1. Which common garden flower gets its name from the French for “lion's tooth”?
2. Which British monarch was the first to have a Christmas tree at Windsor Castle in December 1800 for a children's party?
3. What is the name of the groove between the nose and the upper lip?
4. Which country is the world's largest producer of vanilla?
5. What household item was invented after engineer George de Mestral noticed burrs sticking to his clothes and his dog's fur?
6. Which European capital is sometimes called the “City of a Hundred Spires”?
7. What is the only bone in the human body that does not connect directly with another bone?
8. Which children's book character lives at Number 32 Windsor Gardens, London?
9. Which actress's real name was Frances Ethel Gumm?
10. Which author invented the fictional land of Narnia?
11. What was the first name of Mr Darcy in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice?
12. Which British prime minister was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1953?
13. Which European country has Ljubljana as its capital?
14. Which well-known board game was originally called The Landlord's Game?
15. What is the name of the small indentation at the bottom of a wine bottle?
16. Which Shakespeare play contains the line “We are such stuff as dreams are made on”?
17. Which type of cloud takes its name from the Latin word meaning “heap” or “pile”?
18. Which everyday food was the first to be deliberately cooked using a microwave oven?
19. What name is given to the arrangement of leaves around a plant's stem?
20. Which author created the characters Jeeves and Bertie Wooster?
1. Dandelion
2. Queen Charlotte
3. Philtrum
4. Madagascar
5. Velcro
6. Prague
7. Hyoid bone
8. Paddington Bear
9. Judy Garland
10. C.S. Lewis
11. Fitzwilliam
12. Winston Churchill
13. Slovenia
14. Monopoly
15. Punt
16. The Tempest
17. Cumulus Cloud
18. Popcorn
19. Phyllotaxy or Phyllotaxis
20. P. G. Wodehouse
Well, how did we do today? Did you know them all or learn something new? Both are perfectly acceptable too. Send me some trivia if you have the time, I love that! We are back to sharing cards tomorrow. All for now, Sue x
7 comments:
Hi Sue
I’m very pleased with 12 today.
B xx
Morning Sue only 10 today thank you take care all Kitty.
9 for me today. I realised I knew several more when I saw the answers.
Liz xx
A few for you, Sue.
1. Which river rises in central Spain and flows past Lisbon into the Atlantic Ocean?
2. Which country has more castles per square mile than any other country in Europe?
3.Thomas John Woodward is better known as which singer?
4.Who is the patron saint of Archers?
5.In which European city can you see Hallgrimskirkja?
Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another brilliant selection of trivia today, only 6 today but I don't mind because it helps the old grey cells to wake up ha ha. Keep them coming.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Only 8 for me today, but the usual story - knew more than I realised when I saw the answers 🙄😂
Hi Liz, No. 1 is the Tagus River. I know that France has the most castles in the world, but per square mile, it's Wales I believe. No. 3 is Tom Jones. I haven't a clue what the answer to no. 4 is. I am not sure on no, 5 but the name sounds and looks like it would be Iceland maybe, but not positive. Great questions! Thank you so much Sue x
Post a Comment