A daily papercrafting blog which features my handmade cards showcasing Creative Expression's products including my own line of cutting dies and embossing folders, Cosmic Shimmer, Ranger and more which use various techniques and ideas to hopefully inspire the creativity in you.
Tutorials
- Home
- My Ribbon Flower Tutorial
- Fancy Nestie
- Blossoms Five Flower Bud
- Blossoms Five Full Flower
- Easel Tutorial
- Wax Paper Embossing Folder Tutorial
- Caught In Crystal
- Shaving Foam Tutorial
- Quilt Card Tutorial
- Paved Pearl Technique
- Faux Leather Technique
- Plaited Ribbon Wreath Tutorial
- Paper Rose Tutorial
Monday, 31 August 2026
May Your Days Be Merry & Bright
Hello bloggers! I embossed a white piece of card with the Falling Snow embossing folder to begin today's card. Next I cut the Nostalgic Bauble Octagon outer die in black. Next I cut the middle die from the set with two pieces of white card. I used the bottom piece to colour the image with markers. I cut the die a second time out of black card and I offset it behind the white die cut. I added a piece of sticky adhesive sheet over the coloured section, then added it over the coloured card. I used Diamond White glitter over the exposed sticky areas. I added the die to the middle of the card on to the black outer die. I cut the bauble section of the die set with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card. I used the white copy to colour the baubles with a range of jewel tone markers. I added the black die cut over the top of it then glued it to a white octagon backing piece. I layered it up on to the die cut in the middle of the card. I cut the May Your Days Be Merry & Bright sentiment in black and added it to a white shadow backing piece. Using mounting foam, I added it below the focal element. The card was completed with white and black mats and layers. The finished dimensions are 7 1/2" x 8 1/2" in size. All for now, Sue x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, wow Sue what a fantastic set of colouring on this card you can see all the wonderful colours on the closeup, very clever idea.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card with your beautiful bright baubles that fits beautifully with your sentiment. Yvonne xx
Hi Sue
A beautiful card.
B xx
Morning Sue, A very nostalgic card today it is lovely thank you, take care all Kitty.
Post a Comment