Hello bloggers! Are you ready for another round of general knowledge trivia? I sure hope so because here are your twenty questions for Saturday's trivia:
1. Which common kitchen ingredient was once known as “white gold” because it was so valuable?
2. Which famous author introduced the word “chortle” into the English language?
3. What word describes the earthy smell produced when rain falls on dry ground?
4. What is the name for the dot above a lowercase letter “i” or “j”?
5. Which spice comes from the dried stigma of a flower?
6. What is the name for a group of flamingos?
7. Which author created the fictional detective Father Brown?
8. What is the largest organ inside the human body?
9. Which garden flower takes its name from the Greek word for “rainbow”?
10. Which tea takes its name from a British prime minister?
11. What is the technical name for the little plastic or metal tip at the end of a shoelace?
12. Which animal's name comes from an Aboriginal word often translated as “no water”?
13. What name is given to animals that are mainly active at dawn and dusk?
14. Which famous children's author also worked for British intelligence during the Second World War?
15. Which gas causes bread dough to rise when yeast ferments sugar?
16. Which English city gave its name to a type of fine porcelain first produced there in the 18th century?
17. Which British monarch was the first to live at Buckingham Palace?
18. Which English king was nicknamed “William Rufus”?
19. Which European city is home to the world's oldest continuously operating university since 1088?
20. Which everyday fastening device was originally marketed as the “Clasp Locker”?
Scroll down for the answers:
Answers:
1. Salt
2. Lewis Carroll
3. Petrichor
4. Tittle
5. Saffron
6. Flamboyance
7. G.K. Chesterton
8. Liver
9. Iris
10. Earl Grey
11. Aglet
12. Koala
13. Crepuscular
14. Roald Dahl
15. Carbon Dioxide
16. Worchester
17. Queen Victoria
18. William II
19. University of Bologna
20. Zipper
How did everyone do in today's trivia? There were quite a ew UK questions so I am hoping that they were right up your alley so to speak! Leave me a comment with your scores and, of course, any trivia questions for me too! All for now. Sue x
4 comments:
God morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, oh I do love these trivia questions, I got 8 correct today, but what I like is that the questions and answers stay in the brain , well it does in mine but not sure for how long ha ha.
Stay safe, health and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi Sue
11 today. Many thanks.
B xx
Morning Sue I did okay today I got 10 thank you Take care all Kitty.
A reasonable 11 today and a couple more when I saw the answers . Would question the the answer liver as I would have expected skin and always thought Oxford rather than Worcester but I will bow to the Queen of trivia🤣😂🤣. Not sure if I will have some for you this week as have an extremely busy weekend but I will see 🤔
Post a Comment