Friday 18 August 2023

When Winter Gives You Snow, Make Snowmen

 Hello there my crafty friends!  I embossed a piece of white card with the Falling Snow embossing folder for background texture.  Next I used the Stained Glass Snowman die and cut the outer most frame out of cobalt blue card coated in Canadian Blue Polished Silk Glitter.  I cut the centre out of it, added mounting foam to the back and attached it in the middle of the card.  I cut the centre snowman die out of black card.  I added a piece of clear acetate to the back then filled it the snowman with Polished Silk Glitter.  I did the black of the hat first, then the blue scarf, the red accents on the hat and cheeks, the silver in the background, then finally the white of the snowman.  I added a piece of white card to the back once it had dried overnight, then I seated the image in the middle of the frame.  I cut the sentiment from the Christmas Wordie sheets and added it below with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white and cobalt blue mats and layers.  The finished dimension are 7"  x  8" in size.  All for now, Sue x






                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

29 comments:

Steph Cotterill said...

Hi Sue, hi lovelies.
Ooooohhh another Stained Glass beauty. I'm going to do an 'eney meeny miny mo, to pick which I buy, or should I just push the boat out lol. I DO love these samples Sue love them.
Have a lovely day everyone xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A fabulous card. The snowman is lovely and the colours you have used are gorgeous.

Barbara V

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A beautiful card thank you.
Take care Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A great snowman card.
B xx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a fabulous card, love it. I ordered and received my stained glass dies this week.
Steph, push the boat out, you are worth it and just think of the fun you will have.
Marion S x

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another gorgeous snowman sample, must try this version. Brilliant.

Stay Safe, Healthy and Happy, Hugs June Smith xxx

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is a lovely card today I have made my first Christmas tree card,it is beautiful. Going to the pain clinic today. Hugs to all that visit today x

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
I love this cheeky faced snowman and card!
Hugs x
Heather T

Dj from kettering said...



Who doesn't love a snowman ⛄!!!

Glorious,

Doreen


Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Wow what a beautiful cheery snowman, I love paper piecing & this is truly stunning. Yvonne xx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. I love this little snowmans smile 😃.. A lovely stained glass card today Sue. The border around him is beautiful. A lovely card for any age group to enjoy. Thankyou Sue.
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Liz said...

Wonderful card, I love the cute snowman. xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Love this cutie…

Hellma said...

Great card, love the navy

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a superb card, love the glitters. Bx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
Loving your snowman card today and your colours

Owlish Xx

Anonymous said...

another beauty today sue love this one a real christmas gift for someone special thank you sue stay safe my friends xxxxxxxxx June horrocks xxxxxxxx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
Love your snowman card, I’m holding on until the second half of your Christmas dies are released before I decide which ones I buy. Sorry I missed commenting yesterday but we had a very busy day
Crewe Trish, hope your visit to the pain clinic helps xx

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue, what a really cute card today. Love all the snow in the background.

Lisbeth

BucksGirl said...

Hi Sue - this is absolutely gorgeous! Love it so much! Colleen xx

Scottydog said...

Your snowman really does look a cheeky chappie with that big grin & those rosy cheeks. Thank you Sue for a lovely card.

Judy Hollers said...

This Stained Glass Snowman is delightful! Hugs.

sued99 said...

I love this and the colours are just perfect. X

hazel young said...

Wonderful snowman card Sue xx Hazel

Anonymous said...

A great card thank you Sue
Marlene O

Pawprintx4 said...

He is an irresistible snowman and the frame is lovely. No one would not love to get this card.
Glad you are doing well, Steph C.
Stephanie K

Betty McAlister said...

A gorgeous sparkly Christmas card. Love the snowman xx

Anonymous said...

Hi sue
A lovely card, do like snowman's as x-mas cards
Maria x

lindyloo12Somerset said...

I love your jolly Snowman and the great Christmas card!