Good Sunday morning all! I hope you were able to enjoy a nice lie in this morning! Get your brain ready for today's trivia as I have twenty questions ready for you. Here they are:
1. Which country was the first to give women the right to vote in national elections?
2. Which material is traditionally used to make the strings of a violin bow?
3. What does the abbreviation GPS stand for?
4. Which food is made by fermenting cabbage, most famously in Korea?
5. Which colour of visible light has the shortest wavelength?
6. Which country has the greatest number of active volcanoes on mainland Europe?
7. What does the “QR” in QR code stand for?
8. Which country is primarily home to the Atacama Desert?
9. Which European country has an area known as the “Zone Rouge,” still restricted because of unexploded ammunition from World War I?
10. Which country contains the world's largest salt flat, Salar de Uyuni?
11. What was the first product ever scanned using a UPC barcode in a supermarket in the UK?
12. Which European country has a town officially called Batman?
13. Which two letters are worth the most points on a standard English-language Scrabble tile?
14. Which country contains the most southerly point of mainland Europe?
15. What was the first item ever monitored by a webcam?
16. Which islands take their name from the Latin word for dogs?
17. Which letter was added last to the modern English alphabet?
18. Which country contains the world's largest number of people living on islands?
19. Which substance makes up 95% of a pearl?
20. What was Lamborghini originally known for building before manufacturing cars?
Scroll down for the answers:
Answers:
1. New Zealand
2. Horse hair
3. Global Positioning System
4. Kimchi
5. Violet
6. Italy
7. Quick Response
8. Chile
9. France
10. Bolivia
11. A box of Melrose tea bags
12. Turkey
13. Z and Q
14. Spain
15. A Coffee Pot
16. Canary Islands
17. The letter J
18. Indonesia
19. Calcium Carbonate
20. Agricultural Tractors
I hope everyone did really well on today's trivia, but also learned some new things too! Let me know in the comments how you did and go ahead and add any trivia questions for me to answer too if you have the time. We are back to cards tomorrow. All for now, Sue x
5 comments:
Morning Sue. i don't think I am awake yet I've read them twice and only got 4 , better luck next week. Take care all Kitty.
Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, only 4 for me today, btu I still love doing these every weekend.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith
Hi Sue
6 for me. Some interesting questions.
B xx
A good 11 today - a lot wrong when I thought I knew the answer though!!!! Now some for you, though I think you may have given us some of these....
1. What colour is a Polar Bear’s skin?
2. What is the study of fungi called?
3. Edward V and Richard of Shrewsbury (Duke of York) are more commonly known as what?
4. The skin consists of 3 main layers, the epidermis (outermost), the dermis (middle) and what other?
5. What connects the Firth of Forth and the Firth of Clyde
6. What is a group of pandas known as?
7. What was the name of the first computer virus?
8. Who was the Ancient Greek god of the sun?
9. What is the name of the Chinese philosophical system that emphasises harmony and nature?
10. What cheese is traditionally made from the milk of a donkey?
Answers...
1. - Black
2. – Mycology
3. – The Princes in the Tower 12 & 9 respectively
4. – hypodermis (deepest)
5. - The Antonine Wall
6. – An embarrassment
7. - creeper
8. – Apollo
9. – Taoism
10. – Pule
Hi Deb, I knew no.1,2,6,7,8,9 and 10 (Which is the most expensive cheese in the world, but at $600 a pound, I don't think I will ever get to try it!) LOL Thanks so much for your questions today, they were great! Sue x
Post a Comment