Thursday 6 October 2022

Merry Christmas

Hi there crafters!  For today's card, I selected a background from my stash pile.  It was created using the Cerulean Blue Pearlescent Watercolour Ink.  I cut several of the large snowflake from the set called Layered Snowflake Background in white and glued them randomly across the background.  I covered a piece of white card with a sticky adhesive sheet, then used the Slimline Rectangle Frames to cut a frame for the card.  I added mounting foam to the back of it and peeled the backing piece off and coated the top of the frame with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz.  I attached the frame then cut the Noble Merry Christmas in black gloss card and glued it to the card.  I added one white snowflake to the corner of the frame.  I cut the Outer Scalloped Slimline die in white and added the frame card to the top of it.   The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 5 1/4"  x  9 1/2"  in size.All for now, Sue x







 
                                                      Follow my blog with Bloglovin

30 comments:

hazel young said...

Wonderful card Sue xx Hazel

Steph Cotterill said...

Hi Sue what a pretty little sample, I really love the Nobel expression dies, dress them up or CAS either way you know the end result will be spot on.
Love and hugs to everyone xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely sparkly card thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A beautiful card. Love the sparkle and the colours are lovely.

Barbara V

Marion Scott said...

Hello Sue, a great card, love the sparkle and the blue ink you have used
Marion S x

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is really a lovely card and I love the sparkle. Take care everyone x

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful sparkly card.Yvonne xx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, beautiful card! Love Jean xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card, I love the sparkly frame.
B xx

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, a stunning card, loving the colours and the gorgeous glitterblitz, when I looked at the pictures first I thought you had done the words in black felt.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Pauline Austen said...

Morning Sue,
Very pretty.
Crafty w, Pauline,

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
So much glitter you seem to favour glitter a lot drives me nuts beautiful card with it thou today.
Owlish Xx

dj from kettering said...



This I do like!!!

Doreen x

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue. Slimline ... my favourite shape. This is lovely ... those snowflakes look like pure lace. And I love the Noble Sentiment dies. Would love to see more. Beautiful card. Thankyou Sue.
Sending hugs and best wishes to everyone who needs them today.
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.
Please stay safe and well🙏.

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

Very pretty.

Love Helen xxx

Anonymous said...

Another great card to inspire.WakeyL

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A gorgeous slimline Christmas card, love the glittered frame

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

ursula said...

A lovely idea for a Christmas card...luv Ursula xx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a great sparkly card and the cerulean blue pearlescent watercolour background is lovely.

Frances

Marsha Nelson said...

Another fab one, just used Glitterbitz, so effective! Waiting for your rectangle dies to arrive cant wait x

Hellma said...

Great card, love the background

Judy Hollers said...

Beautiful card design. Hugs.

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What I was going to say was "what a cute little card today" until I saw the finished dimensions! It is right up my street though as we all know ow much I love snowflakes and glitter for Christmas cards,

Lisbeth

Anonymous said...

So pretty and one of my fave combo colours. Thanks Sue x

Eunice Astle said...

Lovely card Sue, so sparkly!!!

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Todays card is so pretty!
Hugs x
Heather T

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Fabulous card I love the blue background against the crisp white snowflakes and the gorgeous glittery frame

Decor said...

Love this slimline card. Very good for posting.

lindyloo12Somerset said...

Love all your slimline cards!

CCM said...

Very pretty Christmas card. Love it.

Hugs from Toronto to you all.
Stay safe and healthy.
Carmen-Dorothy