Wednesday 2 March 2011

My First Blog Award!!

Hi everyone,  Just a quick post to tell you about my first ever blog award!  I am absolutely over the moon that I have been given this award.  The lovely award came from Karen Bourke http://serendipitydragonfly.blogspot.com/2011/02/thank-you-so-much-to-my-good-friend.html and here is a link to her blog.

I am supposed to list seven things you may not know about me, so here goes:

1. I eat cheese melted on crackers practically every morning for breakfast. (I am a cheese fiend!)
2. Designer Sam Poole will be my step daughter eventually (her dad and I haven't set a date yet)
3. I love days that are slightly overcast but not too cold as they make me feel productive! (I know what you are thinking, and yes I do love it here!)
4. I can't even do an English accent, even when I am trying! (But it is funny when I try!)
5. I absolutely love white chocolate, but won't touch dark chocolate!  (I can take or leave milk chocolate)
6. This is a long one so it will count as two.  My grandfather (not my great grand father) was born during the American Civil War in 1853.  When he was 67, he and his second wife(much younger) gave birth to my father in 1920. My father (who was one of 13 children) will be 91 on tuesday!  Obviously I never met my grandfather on my Dad's side, but I always find this tidbit intriging to think about.  What longevity, huh?!

Okay you have it, just a few of my quirks and idiosyncrasies!  I could go on, but there has to some mystery left, huh?

Again, thank you to Karen Bourke for the lovely "Stylish Blogger Award" which is on my website now.  It is really nice to know that she thought of me for this!  All for now, Sue x

24 comments:

♥Gemma♥ said...

Congrats on your 1st blog award :o)
hugs and xxx

Lisa said...

Congrats on your award!

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

congrats with yr blog award!

Diane Warburton said...

A much deserved award and I just loved the 7 facts. I'm sure the card you made for your dad is amazing and perhaps you'll get to give it to him yourself, unless he's still in U.S.A- happy birthday to him and many more of them.
Also congrats on the future big date - very romantic and definitely has made me smile for your happiness - good luck to Sam though :-)

Debbi said...

Congrats on your award! I can't believe it is your first...you deserve it!!
Loved reading about your family. WAY cool to have a GRANDFATHER born during the Civil War. WOW!! Lots of history told first-hand...WOW.
*smiles*
debbi

JULIEMCRANE said...

Well deserved Sue
Loved the facts....i love family history
Happy Birthday to your dad.
Julie x

The Taming of the Glue said...

WOW! Must make it easier for tracing your family tree! Can't believe this is your first award...you should have bucket loads of them!!

Karen said...

So glad you liked receiving the award Sue.... as I said at the time it was so well deserved as you're so inspirational. Great reading your facts, especially the bit about your grandfather etc. Congratulations to your Dad on his 91st birthday, to you for the future happy day....... obviously with Sam joining your family there will be creativity bouncing around the walls!!! lol

Karen65 said...

A blog award............well done Sue xx

PaulineC said...

Very well deserved. I am very surprised that it is your first blog award. Your facts are fascinating.

LellyJelly said...

Well done Sue, much deserved! x

Kate's Cards said...

I am not at all surprised Sue - well done! Great factoids too.
Kate
xx :-)

Liz said...

Congrats on the award and interesting facts, and happy birthday to your dad hope he has a lovely day.

Bee and Dee said...

What a interesting family history, it makes history live thanks for sharing Bee

Unknown said...

Well done on the award x was surprised to hear it was your first though x love the facts x leigh x

themessycraftroom said...

Congratulations Sue, can't believe it's your first. It's very well deserved. Thanks for sharing your history. Take care Hugs x Chris B

Fiona said...

Great stuff. The longevity news is good - hopefully it'll mean you'll be around for lots more years providing us all with inspiration!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Congrats on your blog award Sue....well deserved!!!
~Terry~

Rufus said...

Wow, talk about having longevity in the family! Happy Birthday to your Dad. Can't agree with you about the Chocolate, though! But as my Grandmother used to say it's a good thing we don't all think alike.
R/

Lorraine said...

congrats on your 1st of many to come blog award sue and its real nice to learn a bit more about you thanks for sharing huni xx

Amanda said...

Well done on the award, but the facts were interesting, good to get a little insight....must try cheeze melted on crackers! yummm

amanda

bonjen3 said...

such random but interesting info

K Rowe said...

Hi Sue
I just discovered your blog and am ecstatic to find examples of some of the cards you showed on the C&C Spellbinder shows. Your work is so very inspiring and beautiful. I have a couple of cards to create and I'm planning to use some of your ideas in them. Thanks for the inspiration! Any chance of tutorials or DVDs? Your demos are brilliant. 'nuf said I think!!
From another USA ex-pat

Anonymous said...

I visited various blogs but the audio feature for audio songs existing at this web
page is in fact excellent.
Have a look at my web page Marc Primo Pulisci