Monday 28 March 2011

Lovely Day on Sunday!























I just wanted to say what a lovely day I had on Sunday with the great group at Berkley Garden Centre.  I had a crowd there as soon as the doors opens all the way until we ended at 3pm.  I really want to thank them all for coming out and spending time with me.  I don't demo very often, maybe a few times a year at most, but they made me feel right at home like we were all crafting together!  It was really nice to meet some of the people that have been following my blog and leaving such amazing comments for me too.  I really enjoyed that!
  I also forgot in my rush to put up a quick post last time to say a big thank you to Karen ( aka furry monkey) for the wonderful best friend blogger award she left for me on her blog.  It now holds a place of honour on my sidebar with the few others that I have received lately.  I can't tell you what that means to me to be acknowledged  by your crafting friends.  Thank you again.
This is another quick post with one of the samples from last weekends show that didn't see much time.  It is a bit dark, but I really like it.  It may ssem familiar as it is a layout that I really like and have made this card using other papers and stamps from time to time.  It is always one that I am happy with when I finish it so why not keep doing it, right?  It does kind of look like I am hooked on black flowers lately though, doesn't it?  They have stickles on them in real life which looks really nice. The picture doesn't do it justice.  I am getting ready for a couple of shows on Friday the 1st (9am and 1pm) so hopefully I will have a couple of sneak peeks for you soon too.  All for now, Sue x

41 comments:

Small T said...

Beautiful!!

Vollya said...

i love it!! it is so beautiful!

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just gorgeous,stunning design,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Barbara Phillips said...

Lovely card and beautiful flowers, looking forward to seeing more cards.

Fuchsia said...

Lovely colours look almost regal :)

Helen said...

Black and cream - always so stylish. Beautiful card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely!

PaulineC said...

Wonderful as ever Sue. Looking forward to Friday.

Lorraine said...

oh wow this is so beautiful i adore this one and i am so pleased you had a fab time on sunday its sounds like it was a great day i so wish i could have been there xx

Rufus said...

Thought I recognized the layout! Can't wait to see some more.
R/

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

what a very chique card you've made, i love it!

Craftetter said...

Sue, this card is just wonderful and I love the dark colours. Sounds like you had a ball on Sunday - have now booked my ticket for Ally Pally so will see you there.
Elaine

Pamela said...

Stunning card Sue.

Pam x

Papercraft By Carole said...

It's a beautiful card - and on my screen it looks like navy blue - a colour that I really like! Glad you had a good time on Sunday. Cxx

Christine said...

Another gorgeous card, it was great to be able to watch you at Byrkley Park on Sunday, you are a natural and your enthusiasm is catching.
Hope you can be persuaded to return in the not to distance future. Looking forward to Friday.
Hugs Christine
PS I am back at Byrkley today with another friend and I have 'crackled' xxx

Fiona said...

Glad you had a good day. Super card - must get those black and white papers out - never quite sure what to do with them but once again you're there with the inspiration

Susanne said...

WOW...this card is so elegant... I LOVE IT!
Hugs Susanne

Tammy O said...

Lovely card, my fave colour combo

marg said...

Love the colours really elegant combination Sue!.....
So glad Sunday was a success ....look forward to Friday and more demo's to Video.

Sue - said...

Another gorgeous card

Claire said...

I'm in awe of your cards the colour, style and layout ... absolutely beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card as always. Looking forward to Friday. It's funny the card looks navy blue on my screen and I am lovin it.

Sue

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card... love the dark blue, makes it more unusual!
Hugs
Kim
x

Jenny Marples said...

Well that would be another winner then! You have such an eye for detail and composition Sue. Everyone was 'in awe' last Sunday and I must admit to playing at making flowers since then... Everyone going to Ally Pally is in for a real treat! Looking forward to your next C&C appearances xx

Rocky said...

Love the card Sue, what's the foliage you've used? it looks really delicate.

Lisa said...

I just luv the black and white color combo! So pretty. And I'm totally in luv with the black roses on your card, gorgeous!!

themessycraftroom said...

Glad you had a great turn out. Love the card. Hugs x ChrisB

Bea said...

Great card Sue and glad you enjoyed your demo day. Noted from another comment that you will be at the Ally Pally so hope to get there when I am on hols in London
Bea

Granny P said...

Not surprised to hear you hard a crowd throughout the demo. Love your work on the telly so I can only guess at how much better it would be in a reality. Your card looks navy on my screen which is very striking.

LellyJelly said...

What a smart looking card. Super colour,this could be easily adapted for men. Really like this,Sue. Looking forward to Friday's show.x

scrapper said...

Such an intricate design but very stylish - not sure how I'd package it though!
Love the colours - crisp and clean - another brilliant design Sue

Unknown said...

Great card as always Sue. Enjoyed Sunday very much,it was my first ever live demo visit and I wasn't disappointed..you are a very generous lady in sharing with us all.I look forward to your next one.Thank you. Rose

furrypig said...

Can't wait to see you back on TV I love watching you create xxx

Sarpreet said...

hi Sue, love this card and layout. Great design. Sounds like you had a great demo.

Kate's Cards said...

Now that is what I call one really classy card - the design is really bold. Very striking!!
PS I like it a lot haha

Jan said...

Amazing card & blog Sue xx Jan

Debbie said...

Stunning colour scheme Sue, beautiful card.Debbie x

Karen65 said...

exquisite...........no other word can describe this card

miislucky said...

Love the dark blue color. It looks very elegant.

KimberleyG said...

It looks navy to me, too. Either way it is a striking card!

Ellie Knol said...

Sue, this color-scheme I wouldn't pick that quick, but this looks great!