Sunday 27 February 2011

More Tatty!

The wholesale trade show is now finished and behind us but the response to Tatty was incredible.  You will soon be seeing her in your local craft and stamping stores.  I thought that I would show you another of the card samples that I made using her.  I've gone for a classic red, white and black colour scheme on this one.  I think it is very striking.  The window is a separate element in the range and I stamped Tatty out, coloured her and cut her out but only used the top half of her so she looks like she is leaning out the open window.  It is difficult to see in this pic but I used our brick embossing folder behind the window to look like part of the wall.  The window has been cut out also and the shutters are folded slightly upward so they look very 3 dimensional in real life.  I just need to get a camera now that will photograph it well!

   I've had to take a short break on my Tatty Button samples as I am working on my demos for the nine POTW shows that I'm doing starting on March 4th!  I'm about half way through now with less than a week to go (the pressure is on!).  Let me know your thoughts on Tatty!  Back to work now, Sue x

23 comments:

JULIEMCRANE said...

Hi Sue

Me again, thought your samples couldn't get any better but guess what....yep you've done it again. I love the colour scheme of this one. Keep them coming.

Julie x

SusanLotus said...

Supernice creation! I love all the elements and the colourcombination is great! :)

Susan

Fuchsia said...

Love the way this has been layered up !

Bee and Dee said...

Great card, good luck with your preparetions for the show looking forward to seeing them Bee

The Taming of the Glue said...

Fab sample...hope to see the real thing at Ally Pally. How about a sneak preview of the POTW!

Demae said...

I love it!

Lynne said...

another lovely card, superb colourway. Liking the look of tatty too. Are the flowers a new make or bought ones? Looking forward to your POW shows.
Best wishes.
Lynne in Spain

PaulineC said...

Gorgeous. Can't wait for the POW shows, but my crafting obsession is going to bankrupt me!!!

Debbi said...

Gorgeous card! I love the color combo, and the image is just great!
*smiles*
debbi

KimberleyG said...

Wow, you sound like you're going to be really busy. Fabulous card. Love the colours and the design. You make the best cards!

Liz said...

love the card and good luck with prep for your shows.

Lorraine said...

oh wow sue this is so beautiful i just love red n black together tfs its fab xx

Rufus said...

Great colorway and I like the way she's looking out the window!
R/

Amanda said...

Classy card! Works well with the stitching. I am looking forward to seeing this set as it looks that bit different, love things with walls, windows and stuff for characters to lean/sit/interact with!

Amanda

Kate's Cards said...

Fab card Sue - very striking! Still not sure Tatty is my thing, but I expect you will convert me with your great samples.
Kate :-) xxx

Karen65 said...

Ohhh Sue...........this one ia absolutely gorgeous and I lurve the black and red........definately must have these stamps

themessycraftroom said...

Oh Sue This is a pretty card. The colours are so striking and Tatty look great looking out of your window. I think I'm going to need some more stamps. Hugs x ChrisB

Becky Dunham said...

Tatty is so cute and this card you have built around her is gorgeous! I love these colors together :)

Lisa said...

Tatty is super cute and I love the dimension in the card :)

Fiona said...

Lovely - the angled layering really sets it off

Ange J Lee said...

Another great card that shows expertly how Tatty can look equally as striking in vivid red and black..as she can all pretty pink and shabby chic! Loved looking at all the teams cards at the trade show, using the Tatty stamps and seeing all the different styles...I've taken away lots of ideas and thoughts for future designs. Thanks Sue.

Oh...and glad I'm not the only cheese fiend with a thing for melting it on crackers!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Great card..love the color combo and how you have Tatty leaning out the window!!! TFS
~Terry~

Trish and Treasure said...

Gorgeous