Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Wish You Were Here

Hi bloggers!  Like the sentiment says, wish you were here, I bet we all wish that! LOL  I began today's card by cutting a piece of white card and inking it with Distress Oxide inks.  I started in the very centre with Spiced Marmalade ink, then I surrounded it with Squeezed Lemonade around the "sun" area and into the sky.  I finished with Salty Ocean for, as you can guess, the ocean!  I cut a white circle frame using Jamie's Circle dies, then added mounting foam to the back of it and attached it to another piece of white card that I cut a circle in.  I attached the inked background to it with mounting foam.  I cut two palm trees from the Palm Beach die set out of black card and added them coming in from the sides.  I used the sailboat from the Fish Shop die set and cut it in black as well and added it on the ocean area.  I cut the Wish You Were Here sentiment in black and glued it to a white shadow backing piece.  I added it below the frame with mounting foam.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/4"  x  8"  in size.  All for now, Sue x






 
                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

11 comments:

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A great card.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue, A great card thank you, Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful scene card. Yvonne xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A beautiful post, love the atmospheric sunset to show of your silhouette dies…😊

Anonymous said...

Nice card could do with a cool breeze
Elizabeth Bennett

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another beautiful samples today, I can almost feel the heat from the Sun, or is that the sun outside my window, it is hot in the UK at the moment.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful scene. I'm sure all of us 'wished we were there! WakeyL

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
What a beautiful scene!
Hugs x
Heather T

sued99 said...

A beautiful card. Perfect for these very hot days. X

Anonymous said...

I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want txcbcxo d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want xbcbxto d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1ecxbI want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want cxbcbxto d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to dcbx1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e I want to d1e

Liz said...

Gorgeous, tranquil scene, Sue. We’ve had a day like this here today, no sea or palm trees, but blue skies and 34°C.
Liz xx