Tuesday 7 November 2023

Hello Friend

Hi bloggers!  I decided to try to show you a different way in which you can use the  Stained Glass Harvest die.  I started with a piece of white card .  I used an older stamp from the Orange Blossom stamp set and I inked it with Mustard Seed Distress ink and stamped it around the edges.  I repeated it with Spiced Marmalade ink and Festive Berries Distress ink.   I finished it by stamping the leaves in black over the top.  Next I cut the Stained Glass Harvest die with a piece of black card o top of a piece of white card.  I used the white card to colour the image with markers.  I glued the black die cut on top of it then cut the pieces apart.  I cut a white frame using the Double Stitched Rectangles.  I added mounting foam to the back of it then attached it to a piece of white card.  I rearranged the cut elements from the die and added them inside the frame.  I cut a second pumpkin and flower and added them to the scene.   I cut the Hello Friend die in black and glued it to the upper corner inside the frame.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/4"  x  8 3/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x






 
                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

26 comments:

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely card thank you for all your inspiration.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card & I love how you have stamped the background which shows off your beautiful stained glass dies. Yvonne xx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
Great inspiration.
B xx

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, I love the front of the design with the stained glass autumn design, I would have used an ef on the background as I wasn't to keen on the stamped background, but that is just my opinion.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is gorgeous!
Hugs x
Heather T

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
Another lovely card today.Hugs to all that visit today x

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a lovely card, lovely to see the stained glass die used in a different way and I quite like the colourful background, looks a bit funky
Marion S x

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a very good idea for using the stained glass die in a different way. I wouldn't have thought of that at all. Love the background which suits the main image very nicely.

Lisbeth

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Love it - shows the versatility of your dies...

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a lovely card showing just how versatile these stained glass dies are. Bx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous! Just love the new Stained Glass Collection!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
Another brilliant inspirational card today love your take on the stained glass idea.
Owlish Xx

Dj from kettering said...



A lovely card today.

Doreen x

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. I do like this card ... But I love the stamped background. I never think of doing this myself ... I usually use a background paper ... I think I might give this try. I have some stamps that would do this job. I am getting exited now. Thankyou Sue.
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds. Please stay safe and well 🙏

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A lovely card and so nice to
show us another use for the dies.

Barbara B

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
I love the stamped background and how you’ve used the harvest stained glass die in a different way

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a very clean and crisp centrepiece and I love the contrast with the messy stamped background.

Frances

Hellma said...

Great card, love the die used for a different purpose than intended

BenteS said...

A great way to use the die set:))
Your card is beautiful.

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Lovely card I really like the way you've decorated the frame

sued99 said...

I really like the way you show us different ways to use our dies. Love this card. X

Anonymous said...

l love this sweet card for a dear friend the stamped background and the colours stay safe my friends June Horrocks xxxxxxxx

Judy Hollers said...

This is a great fall card! Lovely.

BucksGirl said...

Hi Sue - gorgeous card, and the stamped background is just stunning! Love it - Colleen xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your hints and tips Sue
Another great card
Marlene O

hazel young said...

Beautiful autumnal card, love the background xx Hazel