Friday 10 November 2023

Good Friends Wine Together

Hello crafters!  I created the crackle background by painting a piece of black card with the Crackle Glaze.  I let it dry overnight, then made a mixture of Matte white chalk paint and some Chocolate Gold Lustre paint.  I painted this mixture over the top of the dried crackle glaze and it begins to crack immediately.  I set it aside to dry thoroughly.  Next I cut the Stained Glass Grapevine die.  I cut the outer die in black, the middle die in white and stacked them together.  I cut the Grapevine die in black and I backed it in white.  I cut the die again out of purple card, green card and white card that I glittered.  I used the fall away pieces and paper pieced them back into the design.   I cut the Wine bottle in green and the glass of white in white and purple card from the Merlot die set.  I added them to the bottom corner of the card.  I cut the Good Friends sentiment in white, shadowed it in black  and glued it under the Stained Glass Grapevine.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2"  x  8 1/2"  in size.  All for now, Sue x








 
                                                         Follow my blog with Bloglovin

22 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a fabulous sample today, I had forgotten about some of these dies, the grapes, bottle, glass are perfect for this as is the sentiment, I know especially who to give this one too.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A brilliant blast from the past thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

hazel young said...

Fabulous card Sue, love the sentiment xx Hazel

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, fabulous card which shows how the new dies mix with the old
Marion S x

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card & fabulous crackled background. Yvonne xx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is a lovely card and I like the background.Hugs to all that visit today x

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. Lovely crackle background today. I am so pleased that you talked me through how to achieve this when I was having problems. Great card for those difficult men.

Lisbeth

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
What a beautiful card! The background is absolutely stunning!
Hugs x
Heather T

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a fabulous card, some of my all time favourite dies used. Bx

Beryl said...

Lovely card.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
A very good card today love your inspiration and colours and wine why not.
Owlish Xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A great card and love how you have created the background - this was my favourite die of the recent launch

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
The crackle glaze background looks amazing and love how the new stained glass die works so well with the older Merlot set

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I love this style of card and a crackle glaze background is fun to do. Love how your older dies blend perfectly with the new stained glass grapevine.

Frances

Ann Topp said...

Good Afternoon Sue and all that visit today.
I always love your cards ... I know there are the odd seasonal ones like Halloween that just don't seem to float my boat ... But almost all cards need a background and this is where you exel. All your backgrounds are just stunning and these together with your cards are what I love to look at every morning. Today is no exception. The old and the new mixed together giving us a fabulous look. Thankyou Sue.
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds. Please stay safe and well 🙏.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A lovely card. The background is fabulous and the old and new dies mix perfectly.

Barbara V

sued99 said...

Love this card. X

Judy Hollers said...

Beautiful card. The background looks great and the stained glass die set and sentiment are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

thank you sue for the beautiful card love the colours and the inspiration the words are perfect june Horrocks xxxxxxxxxc

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, the crackle background looks amazing, and I can’t remember seeing this great sentiment, lovely card
Marlene O

lindyloo12Somerset said...

A great card for either a lady or a man!