Saturday 18 November 2023

Best Wishes

Hello bloggers!  I used the Fanciful Flowers Embossing Folder for texture.  Next I cut the Stained Glass Coneflowers with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  The black piece was cut all the way through, but the white piece just embossed the design into it.  I used the white copy to colour the flowers with markers.  I covered the piece with a sticky adhesive sheet then aligned the black die cut on top.  I coated it with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz, then trimmed away the excess sticky sheet  I cut a strip of yellow card then added a strip of black and a strip of white card.  I taped the strip across the top portion of the card then added the Coneflower die cut with mounting foam.  I cut the Best Wishes sentiment in black and glued it to the bottom of the card.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 3/4"  x  7 1/2" in size.  All for now, Sue x





                                                        Follow my blog with Bloglovin

22 comments:

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, a great card, I do love this coneflower die, it is so pretty.
Marion S x

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, such a stunning, crisp, elegant sample today, can be used for almost any occasion jusst by changing the sentiment, brilliant close up shots too.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A realy sweet card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A beautiful card. Love the embossing folder. The Coneflower die is lovely.

Barbara V

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
The coneflower is amazing.I love the embossing folder.Hugs to all that visit today x

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A fabulous card.
B xx

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the embossing folder is lovely and I love the colours and sparkle on the flowers x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
Wasn't sure if this should read cornflower or coneflower but any how as always love your colours and inspiration love it.
Owlish Xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Great post - love the embossing folder as it works really well with these dies. Clean and crisp finish that’s perfect…

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. How lovely to see a white card with splash of colour on the coneflower die cut which is just the right size for this card. I love the coneflower die (as I think I have said before)

Lisbeth

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A lovely clean and simple card and I love how you’ve coloured the coneflowers and added that touch of sparkle

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - I adore coneflowers, and also this card! I love how you don’t even have to be great with markers because the glitter hides any mistakes! Colleen xx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, I love this beautiful card. I also love the technique of colouring and then glittering the stained glass dies. I have made quite a few of my Christmas cards using this technique and thank you very much for showing us how to do it.

Frances

sued99 said...

Lovely card. X

Judy Hollers said...

Love the sparkly Stained Glass Cone Flowers and the embossing folder. Great card!

Hellma said...

Stunning

Dj from kettering said...



This is a really lovely card!!



Doreen x

Anonymous said...

Iove tha card sue very pretty the flowers are lovely and by changing the sentiment a you can have a different card stay safe j my friends June horrocks xxxxx

Liz said...

Beautiful card, lovely design. xx

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Such a pretty card thankyou for describing this brilliant technique for colouring and applying glitter to the coneflower they look gorgeous

Betty McAlister said...

A lovely clean and simple but sparkly card x