Saturday 12 February 2011

Hogs and Kisses!

 I'm back from my trip to California for CHA and an extra week there spent with my daughter.  I came back with all sorts of new products and ideas and one thing that I didn't want to bring home with me.  A great big nasty cold!  Thus the reason for the lack of blogging since I've been back.  Well not the only reason, though, I've been getting last minute samples done for our big wholesale show here called Stitches.  It is next weekend and I am not allowed to show any of the new releases until then. So I'm afraid that I just have some samples from the Funny Farm show left to show you for a while!  It seems like ages ago since I made these too!  The first card is all about the cute and colourful!  I rather like this cute chap as some days I feel just like him!  In case you are curious, that border is not a punch but rather a Spellbinders border that I put around all four sides of the card.  It's one of my favourites, but for the life of me, I can't think of the name of it!
The second card is my take on cutesy images done in a sort of vintage style.  I just loved that funky background paper!  Well I hope these will tide you over for a few days until I can start showing some of the fun new stuff that I have been playing with!  Soon, I promise!  All for now, Sue x

28 comments:

themessycraftroom said...

Hi Sue, Sorry to hear you have a cold hope your better soon. Love your cards and especially the borders they are both great. Take care Hugs x ChrisB

veronica said...

love the folk art style ducks card -hope you soon feel better

Kate's Cards said...

Get well soon Sue. I have missed reading your blogs. I love the second card. xxx

PaulineC said...

Hi Sue
Great to have you back. Love the new cards especially the hens and ducks which really made me smile.
Hope this comment does not appear twice as the first time it just seemed to disappear.

Fiona said...

Hope you feel better soon Sue. Love the cards and glad you explained about the border as I love it and would probably have spent ages trying to track down the punch that didn't exist!!

Lorraine said...

oh wow these are just fab i love these stamps and the hogs and kisses sentiment is brill too thankyou for sharing your beautiful cards today i love them xx

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Cute cards..love the little hog! Hope you're feeling much better Sue!!

Fuchsia said...

Cards are Fab !

Debbi said...

Sorry to hear you have a cold. :-( Bummer!
Your cards are great. I just LOVE that set!!
*smiles*
debbi

miislucky said...

These are adorable Sue! I just love your cards! I hope you get to feeling better. Mimi

Annie said...

fab cards - hope you feel better today.

Lisa said...

Fab cards as always, tfs!! Hope you'll feel better soon :)

Liz said...

I have missed your blog, did see a photo of you at CHA. Hope you had a lovely holiday with your daughter. Hope you feel better soon. love the cards especially the second one.

LellyJelly said...

Love the country gingham and lace effects on the second card. Away from Friday so I'll miss the 'great unveiling' of new releases. Glad you enjoyed the show.x

Lynne said...

love the cards, the second one is remeniscent of an old sampler. Sorry to hear you've got the dreaded lurgy - hope you feel better soon.
Best wishes.
Lynne in Spain

Amanda said...

Fab cards great to see how the cute can look traditional also. Thanks

Amanda

furrypig said...

Great to hear from you again, hope the cold is better and I really love that piggy!!

KimberleyG said...

Cute pig. Sorry to hear about your cold; I hope you feel better soon.

Valan said...

Hi Sue Hope your feeling better!. Love the cards especially the second one like the country look. Hope to see you back on C&C soon.
Love Valan

Unknown said...

Great cards. Glad you're back. See you on Sunday at Stitches. Love, Julia xxx

Larisa said...

hei, so beautiful cards!!!

Rosa Forino said...

meravigliose card complimenti

Debo said...

get well soon!

Have you any shows comng up on Create and Craft?

Karen65 said...

Love the piggy stamp plate and am waiting for mine to come ........hee hee

MadeByKarla said...

lol, these are too cute! i love that little pig :)

Leanne said...

Lovely cards1 Get well soon!

Vee Cassidy said...

I loved your cards on the farm stamps show and that "Hogs and Kisses" card has made me smile; everything is so bright and jolly around it and yet he looks like he has seen better days ( I can relate!)Your cards are fab as always.
(I was not clear what C&C meant about the prize ribbon being red - I always thought blue ribbon was a mark of excellence in any language. Perhaps it is a farming thing?
That was a lovely card and your rechnique for the rosette was amazing. You should post the card with pride.

Moni said...

Stunning cards. Hugs; moni