Sunday 7 March 2010

More Fruit!

I was hoping to start playing with some of the new stamp sets, but alas, it is going to have to wait a tiny bit longer.  I've been recruited to do a show on the 17th so that we can give Miss Sheena a bit of a break after her "Sheena-athon" last week!  The only thing is that they haven't told me what I am doing on the show, but only that it will be either the wildflowers again or a show featuring the new military stamp set designs,  Hopefully I will find out which one early in the week.  I have spent most of the weekend making military cards since I only had a few finished.  That way I will be ready just in case.  I can't show you any at the moment, however,
because I have misplaced my camera cable to put them on my laptop! 
So here are a few more fruit samples from Sheena's Spellbinders show last Wednesday.  I really had fun making these, even though they aren't my usual style of stamping.  The Plum card was done using distress inks to create a background and then removing some of the colour by stamping with water spritzed on the stamp, then blotting and then overstamping with swirls.  The fruit card was done by stamping the fruit with a clear perfect medium pad on ivory card, then using the cosmic shimmer watercolours  (lime twist and pale russet) and washing over them to create a resist.  The apple was also painted with Cosmic Shimmers but stamped in walnut ink Distress ink first to give it a vintage feel.  They all featured the Spellbinder Nestability dies, of course!  Hope you enjoy them!  All for now, Sue x

15 comments:

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Very pretty cards Sue!! I especially love the colors on the Plum card..TFS!!!

Terry

Kate's Cards said...

Yes the turquoise and various browns work very well together. The turquoise lifts the browns in a subtle aged way. Likewise the red of the apple really pops on the almost monotone background. The more I see of these fruit stamps the more I feel I must get them. I will add them to the end of an ever growing want list! I Look forward to the show on the 17th Sue.
Kate
XXXXX

julietk said...

They are remarkably effective, I hope your show goes well.

Aunty Sue said...

oh wow love these and good luck for the show

fairie said...

These are so so pretty. I love how you used spellbinders die. Can't wait for what you have in store for us. Good luck on your show. I hope you have lots of fun.

Sunny said...

Oh wow! FAB cards Sue. I hope you will have fun with the military or wildflowers stamps show. As always, love seeing your cards.

Lynne said...

what lovely "out of comfort zone" samples Sue -the turquoise and brown especially so. Looking forward to the show. Best wishes.

The Taming of the Glue said...

Looking forwards to the 17th! Always enjoy your shows. Pam x

bonjen3 said...

great ideas as usual!

Amanda said...

Love the bottom apple card! Looks like it is just waiting for you to take a bite out of it. Nearly at 600 followers! Not long to go now!
Good luck for the 17th!

mae said...

Hermosas tus tarjetas!!!saludos!!

Myzdamena said...

Those cards look really nummy :)

xxx

Sarpreet said...

gorgeous selection of cards - you think of cards that i would have never thought of in a million years

Tindaloo said...

wow! theese are awesome - love the colors!!!

Unknown said...

Wow!

What a lovely applecard you got there!