Saturday 20 February 2010

Sneak Peek At Some New Offerings!

Particraft has been hard at work adding to it's already extensive line of crafting supplies and goodies.  Within the next few weeks, we plan on releasing over twenty new stamp sets as well as numerous other craft related products.  The new Tim Holtz Distress Ink colours are, of course, part of the list of the "must have" products we will be carrying as well.  I can't give too much away just yet, but I can show you a few of my creations using some of the new stamp sets.

   Today's post is going to showcase our new Military themed line.  There are three new plates called "Life In The Forces, "  "My Hero" and "The Strong and The Brave."   Sam Poole has drawn all of these new designs and I am especially proud of these for several reasons.  Firstly, because I feel there is a real lack of stamping supplies in this area and I think they will fill a full needed niche.  Secondly, because I come from a military background.  My father was a Lt. Coronel in the American Air Force (he was stationed here in Molesworth during World War II) and I feel that the troops need and deserve recognition for their heroism.   I say let's stamp some cards for the troops to show our support.  I hope you enjoy mine and they inspire you.

  The card below showcases a really cool technique that I learned on my recent trip to CHA, the wholesale show in California.  I was watching Julia Andrus demo her new paint line.  (For those of you not familar with her work, she was one of the first demo artists with Ranger and she helped develop the Perfect Pearls and Perfect Medium lines)  She painted a piece of card with one colour of paint, dried it with a heat tool, then spread a thin coat of vaseline over it.  She then painted over that with another colour of paint and dried it.  Using a piece of kitchen roll, she then gently wiped small areas away and the resulting look is that of distressed or peeled paint.  I gave it a go here and I think it's a great look for those masculine based cards, don't you?  You can click on the card for a close-up view if you like.
On the card below, I had a go at making my own camouflage background paper.  I used the distress inks old paper, antique linen, frayed burlap and peeled paint to achieve this look.  I used the inks direct to the paper in swiping motions. They aren't blended like you would get using cut and dry foam to apply the inks.  I liked the look, though, when I was finished. The sentiment on this card is very  poignant, as if from a military wife to her husband.  You might have to click on it to read it clearly.  It fits neatly in to the circle nestibilities. 

 All the samples have had the edges distressed with the edge of my scissors, then inked again with distress inks to give them a more rugged look.

Over the next few weeks, I am hoping to be able to showcase samples of all the new stamp sets and products that are being added to the Particraft line.  I hope you like what you see and if so, they will be available on the website very shortly.  All for now, Sue x

30 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

oh these are brillient my son would love these

Wellington said...

How good are those samples? And with what I think can be difficult subject matter...

andrea said...

fantastic my sil is a tankie so these would be perfect
andrea

Olivia said...

Love the distressed paint technique :)

Fuchsia said...

Love the techniques they are fab .

plus thanks for my lovely stamps too

Debbi said...

How wonderful! Good military stamps are hard to find--these are just terrific.

The Taming of the Glue said...

Great for boys birthdays as well as possible fundraising for the troops. Pam x

fairie said...

these are such fab cards. The suspense is killing me, just tell me what you guys are hiding from us. hehehe..

xoxo

Sunny said...

Thank you for the quick tutorial on the cracked paint. I will give that a try sometime.

Lynne said...

like the new stamps and your usual great samples. Especially love the new technique - can't wait to try it. Best wishes.

Senju Ninja said...

Not only are these stamps for our Troops but it could be used for little boy cards as well. I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us.

Amanda said...

wow, excellent stamps, my teenaged nephews would love those for a birthday card!

Amanda P

Anonymous said...

These are great. They would be wonderful as charity cards for Help the Heroes
Pat

Carole RB said...

Very nice cards! Great for Heroes

Leah l'Orange said...

these are great - i LOVE the masculine theme, as there's just so LITTLE of it.

Kate's Cards said...

The stamps look really useful, as masculine things seem so hard to find. Great cards!

Anne said...

Did you say 20 new stamp sheets???? *swoon*

Callie said...

I LOVE these!! Especially the first one. It's so bright and bold and perfect. TFS

Jona Panesa said...

lovely cards!

Knerten said...

Wow, I like this background technique; thanks for sharing :-)
Think I will add up as a follower, so I can see what you will be doing with the new Tim Holz colours; can hardly wait to see !!

bonjen3 said...

I'm posting this comment and then Im off to the bathroom to hunt down the vaseline, that technique looks great

Lorraine said...

great cards for the men in our lives love the flag one best xx

mae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mae said...

Lovely cards!!!

Sunny said...

Ok, it's been 7 days already, where are the sneak peeks you promised us???

I'm waiting...waiting...oh, the suspense is killing me.

Beadyjan said...

I love the masculine feel of these

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening sue, these cards are simply stunning, love the images you've used! very patriotic, will have to take a closer look at these when funds allow. Hugs Linda x

Lin said...

Boy cards are so difficult, these are amazing. Great technique, thanks for sharing.

Lin

John & Victoria said...

I'm looking forward to getting these, I've been after something like this for ages.

Anonymous said...

http://technologiesuae.com/#7273 xanax no prescription legal - xanax and alcohol heath ledger