Tuesday 15 December 2009

Homage to the Christmas Tree Light!

I am finally feeling as if I'm ready for Christmas to arrive.  I've finished all my Christmas shopping, albeit not all wrapped, but at least I still remember where I've hidden them all (that's half the battle at my age!)  But the Christmas tree is finally decorated and looking quite festive.  Decorating the Christmas tree is one of my favourite things to do each year.  You can lock me away for the day and I am happy as a lark doing the tree, except for one exceptionally horrendous task.....

Untangling the Christmas tree lights!

So this post is purely out of the guilt that I have been feeling for all the terrible things I called my Christmas tree lights!  I'm sure you've been there yourself unless you are the excessively organised type (like my partner) who insists on putting them away nice and neatly from the previous year!  Oh not me!  By the time I manage to get them off the tree after spending hours undecorating it, I can barely contain myself to keep from tossing them in the nearest storage tote.  I know, I know, I pay the price for it every year.  So just to make up for my shortcomings, I am paying homage to the lovely Christmas tree lights with a few cards that I had made (some time back, actually) The colours were bright and festive and I thought they epitomized the cheerfulness of the traditional Christmas tree light.  I hope some of you can relate to my experience (or rather, hopefully not for your sake!)  Thanks for letting me share.  All for now, Sue x


2 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, great cards. I love the tree lights you created for them. TFS.

Unknown said...

I laughed so hard when I read your post because I had just gone through that same frustrating untangling of my Christmas lights! I can certainly relate. Maybe I should stamp some xmas light cards too! I love your cards though!