Saturday 29 June 2024

Birthday Wishes

Hello crafters!  I selected a piece of pixied card from my background stash pile.  It was created using Aqua Lagoon and Teal Wash Pixie Powders.  I cut the Dazzling Diamond die twice out of white card.  I cut both of them in half down the centre and glued the cut edges to the four sides of the pixied background.  I cut two of the centres of the Dazzling Diamond dies from the leftover pixied card and cut them in half and glued them to the white die cuts.  Using the Round Corner Squares, I cut a white frame and added mounting foam to the back of it.  I attached it to a piece of white card and added it to the middle of the card in a diamond orientation.  I cut the Art Deco Birthday Wishes die in black and glued it inside the frame.  I added three small pearls above and below it as accents.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2"  x  7 1/2"  in size.  


All for now, Sue x                                                                                                                   































                                                                                 
                                                            Follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, the pixie powder background looks absolutely perfect for displaying this lovely art deco card, stunning.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, wow, stunning card. Love the background and how you have used the dies. Love Jean xxx

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Fabulous card Sue x I love the pixied background, it really shows the beauty of the art deco dies you have used x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A real funky card Sue it is great thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card, lovely colour.
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
Another fabulous Art Deco card. Yvonne xx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue and all that visit this morning. Woahhh what a fabulous layout today. I love everything about it. The dies the colours and mostly the pixie background. I bought my first lot when they first came out. They last forever and still using. I love playing about with the colours to see what I come up with. And no two are ever the same. Thankyou Sue. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Liz said...

Beautiful design, I love the colour.
Liz xx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. I love the way the art deco die designs have made what it quite a simple design into a stunning card even when they are not the main focal point of the card. Perfect.

Lisbeth

Anonymous said...

Beautiful coloured background and art deco dies, what's not to love. WakeyL

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
I love everything about today’s card it’s beautiful!
Hugs x
Heather T

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, love todays card, it is stunning. Bx

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful birthday card, the aqua/teal pixie powder with the dazzling diamond die cut background is gorgeous

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a beautiful card and I love the geometric design and the pixied background, it's gorgeous.

Frances

Beryl said...

Stunning card. Love the background colour.

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

A great post that is quite striking- love it…

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

Lovely card. Nice to see pixie powders used. I keep forgetting I have them.

Love Helen xxx

sued99 said...

A lovely card. X

hazel young said...

Fabulous card Sue xx Hazel