Sunday 24 September 2023

Merry Christmas

Good Sunday morning all!  I started today's card by cutting the Starlight Background in white.  I backed it with a piece of pixie sparkled card that I used Boulevard Lights Pixie Sparkles on.  I cut the Vintage Bauble out of antique gold card, glittered it with Black Onyx glitter and added the pearly beaded string from the Bauble Branch die set to make it appear as it's hanging.  I used the Double Stitched Rectangles and added a white frame over the background.  I cut the Merry Christmas sentiment in both antique gold and black.  I shadowed the saying and glued it to the background.  Using the Classic Poinsettia die set, I made three different sized white Poinsettias and glittered them with Frosted Sparkle Glitterbitz.  The flowers were added in opposite corners.  The card was completed with white and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8 1/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x








 
                                                           Follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

Steph Cotterill said...

Morning Sue and all that visit this Sunday.

I'm not completely sure about todays design, I don't know if the flowers over power the design or the large flower should have been changed for smaller.
I know it will be loved and admired by many so my uncertainty will melt into the background.
Hope everyone has a good day xxx

Marion Scott said...

Good morning Sue, such an elegant card, I love the pixie background, I don’t think I have that colour
Marion S x

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A lovely card nice and sparkley.
Take care all Kitty.

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Dj from kettering said...



The background looks very dark on my screen, love
the flowers though!

Doreen x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

An elegant card. Love the sparkle.


Barbara V

BucksGirl said...

Morning Sue - wow, I absolutely love this! Stunning card! Colleen xx

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, this is gorgeous, especially the close up of the white sparkly poinsettia.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Lynne L said...

Hi Sue Gorgeous card I love the sparkly flowers

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card & my favourite Poinsettia flowers. Yvonne xx

Scottydog said...

The poinsettias are gorgeous but I didn’t even notice the top one until I read your description. I can’t really tell what colour the boulevard lights pixie powder comes out but as I have just purchased that colour I will have to go & experiment. Thank you Sue.

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, a beautiful card, love the subtle glitter on the poinsettias. Bx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. I think this card is very elegant and would be perfect if you want to send season's greetings to those who do not celebrate Christmas. I also think, with a little bit of tweaking, this card would work very well for other occasions too.

Lisbeth

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue
Another fantastic card but I think it needs just a wee black gem or dot in the middle of flowers.
Owlish Xx

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, although I love each individual element of this card (especially the glittered poinsettias) I don't think that I would have put them together in this way so I am sorry but this card doesn't grab me as they usually do.

Frances

Pat L said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card with the vintage bauble, would love to see what the pixie sparkle looks like in real life as it’s hard to tell from the photos. The glittered poinsettias are gorgeous

Love and hugs to everyone
Pat

BenteS said...

Beautiful card! The Starlight Background is so pretty :))

lindyloo12Somerset said...

Another very striking card!

hazel young said...

Stunning card Sue xx Hazel

sued99 said...

Very elegant card. X

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Beautiful and stylish…

Anonymous said...

A lovely card Sue, love all the sparkly bits, really finishes of this striking card
Marlene O

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
Such a beautiful card!
Hugs x
Heather T

Anonymous said...

A Beautiful card, Love it
Maria x

Pawprintx4 said...

This is a gorgeous unconventional Christmas card.
Stephanie K