Tuesday 12 October 2010

More Christmas Pics

I'm back from my weekend demo weekend in Preston and I had a lovely time and met lots of great crafters there too.  Cardcraft Plus is a wonderful shop filled with lots of goodies and it is so large and spacious!  I ended up demoing on Saturday as well as Thursday as Sam Poole took ill so I filled in for her.  I got to see the lovely Lake District while I was up that way.  The weather was about as perfect as you could ask for too.  I really do love seeing waterfalls and the Lake District did not disappoint there.  All in all, a fabulous weekend!  I haven't had a lot of time to make new samples lately so I'm afraid these are part of the Vintage Christmas stamp set from my last Christmas show.  I am loving these birds (same ones from the previous post).  I just think they are such fun to play with.  This is what I call a quickie card.  It is simply stamped in Jet Black Archival ink on cream card and then sponged with Distress inks over the top.  I used Forest Moss, Crushed Olive, Fired Brick, Faded Jeans and Walnut Stain.  After I laid the colour down, I sanded the card to distress it, roughed up the edges and then flicked walnut stain distress ink that I had watered down on to the card.  Matted and layered it and added some metal corners to complete it.  It's not particularly Christmassy, but I think that is what appeals to me most about it! 
I love the romantic, vintage feel to the blue card below.  Also a very simple card to make with only a tiny bit of stamping in faded jeans distress ink (just need to layer with nesties, punches and swirls) to complete the card. 
I am about to start working on samples for my next show.  We were trying to get a two hour slot for it but the best we can do is two shows the same day, one on C & C and one on Ideal World.  They are currently scheduled for Oct.25th at noon on C & C and 3pm the same day on Ideal World.  I will show you some sneak peeks closer to the air date, but I do have some fun stuff planned (I can hardly wait!) I'll let you know if anything changes with those dates so just pencil (not pen) them in for now!  All for now, Sue x

42 comments:

sam21ski said...

Gorgeous cards again Sue, hope Sam is feeling better xxxx

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Fab samples!! cant wait to see your next shows

Carole RB said...

Your cards are beautiful!

Kate's Cards said...

Great cards Sue. I just love those little birdies, so versatile(looks wrong!) Good luck for the shows at the end of the month.
Kate xxxxxxx

Neet said...

Both cards are gorgeous. Love the blue one and what a great idea using that die with the circle on the top. The circle looks domed.
Your quickie one (your words) is fab too and very vintage.

PaulineC said...

Great cards again. Really looking forward to your next shows.

Lorraine said...

oh wow Sue these are both stunning i love your use of spellbinder dies they look great xx

Sew This N That said...

Oh Sue! I do love what you have done with the first card, may not be trad xmas, but its awesome :)
*hugs* Heather x

Von said...

More Charistmas inspiration :) beautiful .
Hope Sam is better and look forwad to the new shows ;)
Von

Papercraft By Carole said...

Yet more beautiful cards. Looking forward to the next shows!! Cxx

The Taming of the Glue said...

More great samples...don't know how you do it! Really looking forward to the shows..can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve this time!

themessycraftroom said...

Hi Sue beautiful cards , especially like the blue one. Love that little scene. Will be watching this space for info on the shows. Hugs x ChrisB

Nicola said...

Hi Sue, Fab cards again, love those stamps. Pencilled in the date for your next show, looking forward to it. Nicola x

Liz said...

Love the cards and look forward to the shows at the end of the month

LellyJelly said...

I'm so glad you finally show us the blue car up close - it was my favourite one from the show! It looks even better than I thought.
Look forward to the shows on the 25th

MissD said...

The blue card is my favourite look forward to your next show

juli (sweetpz) said...

the postcard is so pretty! i've been meaning to do something like that! thanks for sharing =)
hugs
juli

Lisa J said...

Oh my goodness that blue Christmas card is fantastic! You do such wonderful work!

Lisa J said...

Oh I tried to post your blog candy pic on my blog but it looks sort of funny so if you could look at it and tell me what I did wrong? The link works though. Hope this helps ya with the followers!

Rufus said...

Those are both pretty, but the blue one's my fav!
R/

KimberleyG said...

Beautiful with the blue tones. I really like the medallion in the center of the die cut.

Unknown said...

Love the blue card best. Really stunning.

Unknown said...

Love the vintage postcard Sue. You have really depicted an authentic vintage look. Looking forward to the shows.

Lynne said...

Great stamps to work with so yet more lovely samples. Looking forward to the shows.

Amanda said...

Love the cards, specially the blue one. The lake district is lovey, I go there 2 or 3 times a year (I live in ireland but its worth the travel). Nothing beats their coffee shops looking out at that scenery after a long cool walk :). Glad u had a good time, looking forward to the show, just before I go to NEC so will keep a shopping list lol
Amanda P

Unknown said...

At last I've found you!and I'm so pleased. Your cards are alway beautifuland ful of inspiration. Ben (female)

Rosa Forino said...

semplicemente favolose

Annette said...

Can't wait for C&C show. Love both cards, I think the birds one does look Christmassy. Both fab. Hugs as always, Annette x

miislucky said...

Hi Sue, sounds like you had fun. Your cards are as always very beautiful. I don't know which I like more. I am going to try sponging now so my cards can turn out like yours! (lol)
I really like the blue and silver on the 2nd one the flowers really stand out!

Sue said...

2 beautiful cards, I can't wait so see your live shows - even if I have to channel hop lol x

Rosietoes said...

Superb cards as always Sue. I love the second one - it is so atmospheric. Using the stamp this way really extends it's usefulness too.

Edna x

Moni said...

FAb cards, great details. Hugs,Moni

Mariza Sales said...

MARAVILHOSOS! SEU BLOG É MUITO ESPECIAL E VOCE FAZ COISAS MUITO LINDAS! PARABENS POR TANTA CRIATIVIDADE
ABRAÇOS

Lisa said...

Both cards are gorgeous! I really love the blue roses :)

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Your cards are so pretty Sue! TFS

Auntie Em said...

Love the little birdy card with it's soft muted colours. The embellies on the blue card with the wintry scene is so festive!Gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

KellyW said...

More great cards!!

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards....fab layouts and beautiful images!
hugs and xxx

Meda said...

Awesome card you made with nesties!

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!! Leigh x

mae said...

Adoro esas tarjetas!!!

Debbi said...

Soo pretty! I love the second card--gorgeous colors and the die cuts add so much.
*smiles*
debbi