Wednesday 19 July 2023

Sweet Baby Girl

 Hello bloggers!  I selected a piece of milk card and used the Rope Chain Embossing folder and embossed it for some background texture.  I selected a piece of decorative paper from my paper stash to use at the bottom of the background.  I taped it to the bottom of the embossed background and added a thin strip of Iris card across the connecting area of the two pieces.  I cut the  First Train die set out of powdered pink card.  I cut the engine and the open car and added them with mounting foam to the card. I cut the extra wheels in pink but added a soft inking around them with Worn Lipstick distress ink.  I also added an extra top on to the engine and the open card.   I used the heart balloon from the Birthday Balloon die set and cut it in a variety of colours and added thin milk card strings to each one and connected them to the open car.  I used some white Fluffy Stuff as smoke coming from the engine and heated it to make it puff up.  I cut the Special Delivery die in powdered pink the added it to a milk card shadow backing piece and attached it above the train.  I also cut the Sweet Baby Girl sentiment in powdered pink and seated it on a milk card shadow die and attached it below the train. The card was completed with milk and iris card mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 3/4"  x  8 1/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x





 
                                                      Follow my blog with Bloglovin

26 comments:

Steph Cotterill said...

Ohhh Sue.
I love it love it love it.

Look how you've used the Fluffy Stuff for steam lol so cute.
We live by a station and on special occasions the steam train comes thundering through, the vibration the smell of steam, its always exciting to see and hear it, nowhere near as loud or big as the Amtrack lol but magnificent just like your card to welcome a new baby girl.
Stay safe and well everyone.
Love to all that enter our special place xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

A gorgeous sweet card this morning. Everything about is fantastic.

Barbara V

June Smith said...

Morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, oh such. cute card, love the train especially using the fluffy stuff fr making the team train smoke, great idea.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
Thank you a beautiful card, the fluffy stuff is brilliant.
Take care Kitty.

Crewe Trish said...

Hello Sue
This is a lovely card,the fluffy stuff is amazing. Hugs to all that visit today x

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card.
B xx

Beryl said...

Beautiful card.

BridgetCG said...

Morning Sue, todays card is absolutely amazing, so bright and colourful. Love it. Take care everyone. Bx

Ann Topp said...

Good Morning Sue. Ohhh I love this . I am going to make this one ... But in Blue for our newest ,addition to the family and save it for his first birthday.It's beautiful. And tomorrow we are going to meet him for the first time. I am so exited.
A beautiful card for anyone to treasure. Thankyou Sue
Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today. Please stay safe and well 🙏
Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card today with your beautiful train & the fluffy stuff as smoke is so realistic. Yvonne xx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Cute post...Love the train and have done since you launched it....

Scottydog said...

A sweet, cute card ideal for first birthdays in particular. I made a balloon card using the hearts for my great granddaughter’s second birthday at the weekend with her favourite TV character & she loved it. (I don’t have the train die, but it is on the never ending list!)
Thank you Sue.

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
What an absolutely adorable card! I love the addition of fluffy stuff for the smoke.
Hugs x
Heather T

ursula said...

Wow a cute little card, like the idea of the train smoke….luv Ursula xx

hazel young said...

Gorgeous card Sue xx Hazel

sued99 said...

Lovely card. X

Hellma said...

So cute any new parent would be thrilled to receive this

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Such a cute card Sue x I love the train die, the balloons look fantastic in the carriage x I would not have thought to use the fluffy stuff for steam, what a brilliant idea x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Judy Hollers said...

This is a darling, precious card. I love all the detail. The smoke coming out of the smoke stack is the perfect touch. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

wow sue i love this beauty every thing about it is stunning i’m sure it will be a favourite with all it is as must have from me for sure stay safe everyone love too all xxxxxxxxx June Horrocks

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, this card is gorgeous and I absolutely love it.

Ann T - I hope you get lots of cuddles tomorrow :-)

Frances

Anonymous said...

Very sweet card. The balloons look like cotton candy.
Fluffy stuff, not just for Christmas x

Anonymous said...

A really gorgeous baby card, so cute
Marlene O

Lynne L said...

What a fantastic card Sue I love it the colours are great and the train adorable I really love the way you've used Fluffy stuff for the steam!

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

Such a sweet cute card.

Love Helen xxx

lindyloo12Somerset said...

Really love this card, it is so sweet!