Monday 25 April 2011

Hi everyone,   I hope that you have really enjoyed this glorious weather these past few weeks, but have still had a bit of time to craft and play too!  I spoke with my daughter earlier and she said that the weather in California was damp and overcast with a few showers too.  Imagine that, England's weather is better than California's!  Could this be global warming turning the tides, making all the cold places warm and the warm places cold?  Who knows?!  Even though we have had this amazing weather, I did still spend a bit of time in my craft room making some samples for an upcoming POTW, but alas, I cannot show them yet.  So I have been combing through some previous samples I've made for past shows that haven't made it onto the blog for some reason.  This Native American sample is one of the cards that I made when I was "winging" it last month.  The POTW had sold out in record time so C & C brought back their exclusive dies to finish the shows for the week.  I put this card together for a demo in between shows.  I rather like the way it came out, all things considered.  It is showing several really great techniques, the out of the box, faux stitching  and the faux leather masking tape technique.  I hope you like it!  All for now, Sue x

22 comments:

Annette said...

Hi Sue, not bad for a 'winging it' card. No seriously its lovely, cant wait for next c/c show. Hugs Annette x

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Sue, Wow! amazing creation for a "winging it" card. I'm loving your fab blog , it's full of wonderful inspiration, Thanx.

Donna x

Fiona said...

I haven't used the masking tape technique for ages - thanks for the reminder. Great card as always

Hellma said...

Great card, have followed your blog for a few weeks now trawling through looking at your amazing cards, reading your stories and never clicked on that I have met you on TV lol, love your masking tape tech.

PaulineC said...

Love your out of the box technique. Looking forward to the next shows.

Sue - said...

Another great card Sue.

LellyJelly said...

Another super card Sue. Love all the techniques together, I'm not into cutesy cards so this is just my type of thing.When's the next POTW due?x

Rufus said...

That's "winging" it?! Like all those techniques used together.
R/

furrypig said...

I love all your techniques and can't wait for you to be back on TV!

Anonymous said...

Love this card Sue. I saw you putting this one together on the show. I tried the masking tape style last week it came out a treat. Thanks for including the NA cards to show. Kind regards.
Sue

Lisa said...

I think this is a great masculine card :) TFS!!

themessycraftroom said...

Another fantastic card. I just love all the techniques you show us, they are4 great. Hugs x ChrisB

KimberleyG said...

What a great card. I love the background technique. The card has a nice aged look.

miislucky said...

Love the card Sue. I love the techniques used. A little advanced for me yet but will try anything once, lol. Mimi :)

Jenny Marples said...

Another winner Sue. The background looks even better up close and the faux stitching idea is great when you are pushed for time x

Karen65 said...

I just love this stamp and managed to get it wood mounted.............its fab

Amanda said...

love it, wish i could make a card that quickly :)

Amanda

mandy said...

i've got the native indian set & its great tv don't do it justice. love the card & always interested to see what can be done with them.
mandy x

Lorraine said...

wow i love these stamps they are fab and perfect for the men in our lives too xx

Ms. Daiquiri said...

Amazing card. Really love the sentiment!

Noel said...

I have this stamp..I haven't used it in a long time....thanks for the inspiration...love your card. Noel

Dawn said...

I love this card, the colours, the stamp, how it looks, just everything. My husband would appreciate this and he's not a crafter! Thank you for another wonderful design x