Saturday 29 May 2010

A Few More Wine Samples

Here are a couple more wine card samples but this time they have been made using the images from the second plate of stamps called Wine Labels.  This set will be part of the the multi buy and it will be shown on Monday's show for the first time.  These stamps are lovely and have been designed by Sam Poole to go together nicely with her Vintage Wine set. 

Just a little teaser about the show on Monday, not only is it a premiere for this new stamp set, but they are also going to be offered as scrolled stamp sets.  That means that the rubber has already been mounted to U mount and the images have been cut out so all you need to do is peel away the backing paper and put them on your acrylic block to stamp them!  How easy is that!  All the work has been done for you so you can get right in there and have a play once you receive them!

I have really enjoyed having a play with these as they lend themselves to so many styles and techniques.  These two samples lean more towards a softer less grungey look, but I love that you can get both distinct looks from the same stamp sets.  More value for your money!  Let me know what you think of the different styles. Favor the grungey or do you lean towards the more elegant look in a card?  Love to know!

As I have been frantically getting everything ready for the show, I haven't had a chance yet to put together the new blog candy prize.  Don't worry, the contest marches on and hopefully I will be able to show the pic of the new prize in a few days.  Remember, you get extra entries for leaving comments so that I know you have been here.  All for now, Sue x

23 comments:

Lynne said...

great samples. Looking forward to show on Monday.

Lorraine said...

wow these samples are awesome i do love the stamp set you have been using it looks amazing xxx

The Taming of the Glue said...

Now look what you've done....another set of stamps that I NEED! Great samples, can't decide which I prefer.

Ger said...

These are lovely! I already have Vintage Wine, looks like I'll have to get Wine Labels as well!

Irena said...

Very beautiful cards :)

fairie said...

These wine cards are so cute.

Love crafts forever said...

Gorgeous.

Annette said...

Fab cards Sue, I go for the grunge up look, but love your elegant samples. Can't wait for monday show, but please tell them to give you 2 hours, 1 is not enough. When will they learn.
Annette X

Annie said...

fabulous
Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

show was brill well done sue

mandy x

Amanda said...

I just got watching the show today as yesterday I was out. I like the aged grungy cards for the males and I love that top card for females. Can we have instructions to make those flowers, they are fab looking. I played a little with the wine stamps today in conjunction with the create a scene "pub", they work well together!
Amanda

barbara said...

jusr loved the show, all of the samples were just terific, you make it all look so easy,
thanks for sharing
Barbara

Pat said...

These samples are great. Really enjoyed the show on C&C
Pat

Bobbi said...

These are both great. Love the blue background on the second one, is it the paper or did you airbrush it?

Sarpreet said...

both are gorgeous cards, and your work is stunning, always love watching create and craft for the stamps and samples

ScrapTha said...

Beautiful cards, I loved your post ...

Thanks for sharing!

ThaĆ­sa

Email: thastn@gmail.com
http://scraptha.blogspot.com/

C. Sage Deerborn said...

I favor the grungey one here.

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What great cards..they'd be great for some friends who love wine!! TFS

Terry

Rosietoes said...

gorgeous cards Sue. Love your unique style and fearless use of colour.
Edna x

Auntie Em said...

Usually the softer, more detailed look in stamping is my preference, but I love the collage, grungy look when someone else does it! I need more practice I think!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Kras said...

Hello
Great card making
are imbued with the past
much like them

Bastelei said...

Beautifull cards.
Heidi

June said...

Ohhh superb !! I love the wine label stamp its so unusual and beautiful on the card
hugs June xxxx