Friday 25 October 2024

Sending Love & Hugs

Hello bloggers!  I started today's card by cutting the Floral Dream Cover Plate die with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card. I used the white embossed copy to colour the image.  Once coloured, I glued the black die cut on top.  Using my scissors, I cut around the floral part of the die, cutting away the more solid area.  Next I cut the Stained Glass Rectangles in two sizes out of white card.  I used raspberry card behind the rectangles to show through the cut out detail and matted them together.  I added them to a larger piece of white car, than added the floral element on to the left side of the card.  I cut the Sending Love & Hugs sentiment in black and glued it to the inside of the rectangles.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7"  x  8 1/4"  in size. 



Creative Expressions MASSIVE CHRISTMAS SALE is now on!

Over 1000 products with up to 75% DISCOUNT!

Click the link to see the sale products!

https://www.creative-expressions.uk.com/product-category/christmas-sale/



 All for now, Sue x





Follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, what a beautiful creation today I love the layers with the red showing through the white, it certainly shows off to perfection the wonderful die and your colouring. As a bonus there is the big sale, so will be popping over to get some more goodies.

Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

hazel young said...

Beautiful card Sue xx

cr@fty said...

Good morning Sue
Today’s card is so pretty!
Hugs x
Heather T

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
A very pretty card thank you.
Take care all Kitty.

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card today with your beautiful Floral Dream Cover Plate, I can recreate this after winning your beautiful dies from the launch which I received yesterday. Thank you for all your inspiration. Yvonne xx

theresa w said...

Hi Sue and lovely wilsonettes x
Beautiful card Sue x the floral dream cover plate look so pretty and I love the colours you have used x thankyou Sue x
Theresa w in Berks xxx

Anonymous said...

Morning Sue, todays card is really gorgeous, love the colours. Bx

Lisbeth said...

Hi Sue. What a really pretty card today. I am so pleased that you have shared this technique with us of cutting the 2 layers of card together, embossing the bottom layer which makes it so easy to colour the design so neatly.

Lisbeth

Fluffycat said...

Hi Sue, a lovely card and I really like the framing created by the Stained Glass Rectangles.

Frances

jean.phillips1 said...

Morning Sue, fabulous card! Just going to look at the sale now, thank you. Love Jean xxx

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Beautiful post.

sued99 said...

Gorgeous vibrant card. I love the red behind the stained glass squares. X

Helen Bell said...

Hi Sue

A lovely bright and clean card. Love the red showing through the borders too.

Love Helen xxx