Good Sunday morning my fellow trivia enthusiasts! I'm back here with another interesting mix of easy, medium and difficult questions for you today. Here are your twenty questions:
1. Which author created the gentleman thief Arsène Lupin?
2. Which novel begins with the arrival of Mr Lockwood at Thrushcross Grange?
3. What is the literary term for a word formed by imitating a sound, such as “hiss” or “buzz”?
4. Which fictional detective is assisted by Captain Arthur Hastings?
5. Which French author wrote The Count of Monte Cristo?
6. What name is given to a word made by rearranging the letters of another word or phrase?
7. Which British comedy series featured the department-store workers Mrs Slocombe and Mr Humphries?
8. Which musical includes the character Bloody Mary?
9. Which herb has varieties called curly, flat-leaf and Hamburg?
10. Which fruit was once known in Britain as the Chinese gooseberry?
11.. Which small blue woodland flower is the county flower of Cheshire?
12. Which cheese is traditionally used in a Greek salad?
13. Which metal has the chemical symbol Sn?
14. Which type of cloud takes its name from the Latin for “a lock or curl of hair”?
15. Which treaty formally recognised the independence of Belgium in 1839?
16. Which musical contains the songs “A Weekend in the Country” and “Send in the Clowns”?
17. Which long-running BBC radio programme begins with the words “As I was going to St Ives”?
18. Which familiar garden plant has varieties called Lady Boothby, Swingtime and Dollar Princess?
19. Which Italian cheese takes its name from the caves near Milan where it was traditionally matured?
20. What is the principal flavouring in the French liqueur crème de cassis?
1. Maurice Leblanc
2. Wuthering Heights
3. Onomatopoeia
4. Hercule Poirot
5. Alexandre Dumas
6. Anagram
7. "Are You Being Served"
8. South Pacific
9. Parsley
10. Kiwifruit
11. Cuckooflower or Lady's Smock
12. Feta
13. Tin
14. Cirrus Clouds
15. Treaty of London
16. "A Little Night Music"
17. "Just A Minute"
18. Fuchsia
19. Gorgonzola cheese
20. Blackcurrants
Can I say congratulations for your fabulous score today? I hope so! If not, there is always next weekend! I will be back to sharing cards tomorrow though. All for now, Sue x
4 comments:
Good morning Su and all Wilsonettes, well you have done it again, given us a brilliant Trivia Quiz today, again I got 6 correct, but II really love reading the questions and answers, it is keeping my old grey cells working, ha ha.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning Sue another great set of quetions today, I did a lot better today 8 thank you, take care all Kitty.
Hi Sue
10 today. I did a Greek Salad masterclass with Kostas the sous chef on my Corfu holiday so was sure of getting at least one answer correct.
B xx
A more respectable 8 today. Here are a few for you, Sue.
I.What is the national flower of Nepal?
2.In Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, what is Mr Darcy’s first name?
3.In which city did the last concert of the Beatles take place?
4.Which countries do the Himalayas pass through?
5. Sent on May 24, 1844 , what was the first message ever sent by Morse Code?
Post a Comment