A daily papercrafting blog which features my handmade cards showcasing Creative Expression's products including my own line of cutting dies and embossing folders, Cosmic Shimmer, Ranger and more which use various techniques and ideas to hopefully inspire the creativity in you.
Tutorials
- Home
- My Ribbon Flower Tutorial
- Fancy Nestie
- Blossoms Five Flower Bud
- Blossoms Five Full Flower
- Easel Tutorial
- Wax Paper Embossing Folder Tutorial
- Caught In Crystal
- Shaving Foam Tutorial
- Quilt Card Tutorial
- Paved Pearl Technique
- Faux Leather Technique
- Plaited Ribbon Wreath Tutorial
- Paper Rose Tutorial
Thursday, 6 August 2026
Wish You Were Here
Hi guys! I started inside the frame on today's card by embossing a piece of card with the Tidal Sands embossing folder. I used Clear Texture Paste with some Maya Blue spray ink added to it on the card after I embossed it. I set it aside to dry thoroughly, then I cut the sand out of milk card by hand. From the Beach Accessories die set, I added a red beach pail and shovel, castle and several seashells and sand dollar to it. I cut two Palm Trees out of white card from the Palm Beach die set. I also cut the Wish You Were Here sentiment in black and added it to a white shadow backing piece. I glued all the pieces to the embossed background once dry. I cut a double frame out of white card using the Fine Postage Stamp Rectangles. I assembled the frame with mounting foam between the layers and add it over the background. I added the palm trees to the edge and had them over lapping the side of the frame. The card was completed with white mats and layers. The finished dimensions are 6" x 8" in size. All for now, Sue x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi Sue
A super card and the embossing folder makes a great background to the beach elements.
B xx
Morning Sue. a lovely card thank you Take care all Kitty.
A great post and a really effective embossing folder that works as both sea or sky - think I need to try and find this one ☺️
Post a Comment