Friday, 7 August 2026

Merry Christmas

Hello there my crafty friends!  I decided to use just the outer die from one of the octagons for today's card.  First I embossed the white card background using the Ice Crystals embossing folder.  Next I cut the outer die from the Nostalgic Bauble Octagon die set out of both antique gold card and black card.  I offset the black die cut behind the gold one an glued a piece of white card to the inside of the frame.  I added it to the background with mounting foam.  I cut the Merry Christmas sentiment out of both antique gold card and gold mirror card.  I used the mirror card as an offset shadow behind the gold die cut and then glued it to the inside of the frame.  I cut one large Pierced Poinsettia out of gloss white card, added a gold centre to it then attached it at the centre of the bottom of the frame.  I cut two of the Heirloom Flourishes in white and added them as accents to either side of the poinsettia.  The card was completed with white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 3/4"  x  7 3/4"  in size.  All for now. Sue x
 





























                                                                                
                                                          Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice do love the octagonal dies
Elizabeth Bennett

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue.
a very elegant card I love the flourish die thank you take care all Kitty.

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, I am loving the sample today, crisp, elegant and stylish, easy for batch making too.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A beautiful card.
B xx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful elegant card today which really is classic. Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

a mantle pleaser for sure. CAS with such a presence. WakeyL

sued99 said...

Love this card.. it feels very traditional yet modern at the same time. X