Monday, 21 September 2026

Autumn Greetings

Hello there my crafty friends!   For today's card, I used an older die called the Birch Tree Forest.  I cut it with a piece of grey card and moved it across and cut it a second time for a longer panel. I glued it to a white backing piece.  I cut the two larger mushrooms from the Autumn Harvest die set out of taupe card for the base and dark grey and brown for the tops.  I cut the smaller one out of dark grey and brown.  I added them to the background forest and used some tufts of grass around them.  I also cut some fern fronds and leaves to add around them as well.  Using the Double Pierced Rectangles, I added a wider white frame with a thinner brown frame on top of it around the scene.  I cut the Autumn Greeting sentiment in brown, shadowed it in black and glued it above the mushrooms.   I cut and assembled Millie the Mouse and added her onto the corner of the frame.  The card was completed with brown and white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 6 3/4"  x  8 3/4"  in size.  All for now, Sue x





















                                                                                
                                                            Follow my blog with Bloglovin

10 comments:

June Smith said...

Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, another beautiful sample, love the little mouse in the bottom corner.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

Crafty Vonnie said...

Good morning Sue,
A beautiful card & Millie the mouse just finishes it off. Yvonne xx

Barbara Gosden said...

Hi Sue
A lovely card which.
B xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning Sue. A lovely card thank you, take care all Kitty.

Anonymous said...

A great card Sue. WakeyL

Deb E Isle of Wight said...

Loving the birch in the background, will try this with a stencil as I don’t have the die, but it gives the card depth… Great post 😊

Anonymous said...

Cute mouse
Elizabeth Bennett

sued99 said...

Gorgeous card. The little mouse sets it off perfectly. X

Liz said...

A beautiful autumnal scene, Sue. I love the cute little mouse. We’re still hanging onto summer here, hopefully it will last for a few more weeks.
Liz xx

cr@fty said...

Hi Sue
I love Millie the mouse she’s so cute and looks perfect in the autumnal scene!
Hugs x
Heather T