Hello bloggers! For today's card, I wanted to give the card the feeling of snow so I first cut the Timeless Winter Snowflake die out of silver card about six or seven times. I glued them randomly all over a piece of lighter silver card. I trimmed the excess from the edges and used the Falling Snow embossing folder on the entire piece. Next, I used an old white pigment ink pad and lightly rubbed it across the tops of the embossing so it gave the appearance of being under falling snow. I cut the Let It Snow sentiment in white card and glued the letters to a silver backing piece. I added mounting foam to the back and attached it in the middle of the card. The card was completed with white mats and layers. The finished dimensions are 7 1/4" x 8 1/2" in size. All for now, Sue x
A daily papercrafting blog which features my handmade cards showcasing Creative Expression's products including my own line of cutting dies and embossing folders, Cosmic Shimmer, Ranger and more which use various techniques and ideas to hopefully inspire the creativity in you.
Tutorials
- Home
- My Ribbon Flower Tutorial
- Fancy Nestie
- Blossoms Five Flower Bud
- Blossoms Five Full Flower
- Easel Tutorial
- Wax Paper Embossing Folder Tutorial
- Caught In Crystal
- Shaving Foam Tutorial
- Quilt Card Tutorial
- Paved Pearl Technique
- Faux Leather Technique
- Plaited Ribbon Wreath Tutorial
- Paper Rose Tutorial

7 comments:
Hi Sue
A lovely card. I use the Falling Snow embossing folder a lot.
B xx
Morning Sue. A lovely card a great idea to emboss over the background. Take care all.
Different
Elizabeth Bennett
great idea and very effective. WakeyL
Fab post, simple but effective 😊
A really great idea with the embossing folder and ink. X
Beautiful card Sue, so much subtle detail.
Liz xx
Post a Comment