Hello there my crafty friends! It's time for weekend trivia again! I'm sure you know the drill by now. Here are your twenty questions for Saturday:
1. Which singer was born Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou?
2. Which country is home to the ancient city of Petra?
3. What is the largest bone in the human body?
4. Which Mediterranean island is traditionally regarded as the birthplace of the Greek goddess Aphrodite?
5. Which British king reportedly spoke little English when he first became king?
6. Which fruit contains the enzyme bromelain?
7. What is the anatomical name for the space between the eyebrows?
8. Which chocolate bar was sold in the UK as Marathon until 1990?
9. Which British band took its name from a character in the film Barbarella?
10. Which actress played both Queen Elizabeth I and Bob Dylan on film?
11. Which famous British television series was originally going to be called The Fighting Tigers?
12. Which soft drink began life under the name Brad's Drink?
13. Which actress's real name was Margarita Carmen Cansino?
14. Which company began as a playing-card manufacturer in 1889?
15. Which European capital was formerly known in English as Christiania?
16. Which ABBA song was originally titled “Boogaloo” while it was being developed?
17. Which company recently introduced a £420 toothbrush capable of showing live footage from inside your mouth?
18. Which character from the British animation studio Aardman has recently been added to the list of possible UK storm names?
19. Which English king was crowned on Christmas Day in 1066?
20. Which is the only country in the world that is located within all four hemispheres?
Scroll down for the answers:
Answers:
1. George Michael
2. Jordan
3. Femur
4. Cyprus
5. King George I
6. Pineapple
7. Glabella
8. Snickers
9. Duran Duran
10. Cate Blanchett
11. Dad's Army
12. Pepsi
13. Rita Hayworth
14. Nintendo
15. Oslo
16. Dancing Queen
17. Dyson
18. Shaun (the Sheep)
19. William the Conquerer
20. Kiribati
How did everyone do today? I would love to know which questions you got correct or even the ones you found too difficult? Leave your answers in the comments and any questions you might have for me too! All for now, Sue x
Hi Sue
ReplyDeleteI’m amazed that I managed 7 today.
B xx
Morning Sue, I am rubbish today only 5, better luck tomorrow. Take care all Kitty.
ReplyDeleteGood morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, oh I do love these trivia questions, got 6 correct today, but it is not about getting all the questions correct it is also about learning new things and reminders of old things, love them.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Managed a respectable 9 with a couple more when I saw the answers. Bit busy this weekend so won’t be able to supply you with any but hopefully next week 🤞😊
ReplyDelete