A daily papercrafting blog which features my handmade cards showcasing Creative Expression's products including my own line of cutting dies and embossing folders, Cosmic Shimmer, Ranger and more which use various techniques and ideas to hopefully inspire the creativity in you.
Tutorials
▼
Thursday, 8 October 2026
Tis The Season
Hello crafters! I had a real fun time making this card! I started by cutting the Holly Lattice Border three times out of a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card. I paper pieced the holly leaves with antique gold card and used Red Berry Sparkle glue for the berries. I glued the black die cut over the coloured borders. I cut them into two pieces for each side of the square card. Before arranging them, I cut the other areas of the borders first. I cut the diagonal striped border in black and backed it in red four times. Then I cut the oval strip in black and backed it in gold four times. I glued the pieces around a square piece of white card. Next I cut a thin red frame using the Double Stitched Squares. I added mounting foam to the back of it then attached the edges of the two sections of the borders to each side. I glued the border in place. I cut the Tis the Season sentiment in red, glittered them with Lava Red glitter and added it to a white shadow backing piece, then attached it inside the frame with mounting foam. The card was completed with white mats and layers. The finished dimensions are 8 1/4" x 8 1/4" in size. All for now, Sue x

Morning Sue, A very pretty card thank you. Take care all Kitty.
ReplyDeleteGood morning Sue,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, I love the gold holly leaves instead of the usual green ones. Yvonne xx
Hi Sue
ReplyDeleteA fabulous card.
B xx
Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, fabulous sample today, I love paper piecing and this is a fabulous example of it, I remember when my grandchildren were little they used to love doing paper piecing, memories of this stay with you for ever don't they.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Nice card with border
ReplyDeleteElizabeth Bennett
Great Christmas card, not a technique to use to batch make. WakeyL
ReplyDeleteA beautiful elegant post, love the colours and how you have used the hilly border die…😊
ReplyDeleteLove the card, especially the gold paper piecing. X
ReplyDelete