Tutorials

▼

Monday, 5 October 2026

Let It Snow

Hello bloggers!  For today's card, I selected a piece of white card and cut an aperture in the middle with the outer octagon from the Twinkling Lights Octagon die set.  Next, I embossed it with the Nordic Tiles embossing folder.  I added mounting foam to the back of the embossed background and added a piece of white card to the back. I cut the outer two dies from the set with a piece of aqua card.  I added a black backing piece, then glued it to the outside of the aperture.  I cut the Let It Snow sentiment out of aqua and black card.  I used the black as an offset shadow behind the aqua die, then I added it to a white shadow backing piece and attached it to the inside of the aperture with mounting foam.  I cut three full flowers from the Pierced Poinsettias die set in white and assembled the pieces.  I added the flowers to the left side of the card,  I cut the Heirloom Flourish several times in white and added it around the flowers as accents.  The card was completed with white, aqua and black mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 8"  x  8"  in size.  All for now, Sue x
 






























                                                                                   
                                                             Follow my blog with Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, I absolutely love this sample, the detail from the dies and embossing folder are amazing, I am going to have a go at this one.
    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Sue,
    A fabulous card with your beautiful dies & embossing folder. I love the colour combination & of course my favourite Poinsettia flowers. Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue
    A beautiful card. The white flowers and the icy pop of colour on the frame works so well.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Sue a beautiful card so delicate ans pale. Take care all Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Due Today's card is beautiful the lovely flowers and flourishes are the perfect finishing touches

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sue, just beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card
    Elizabeth Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very beautiful and elegant card - love it....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour pallete and design. WakeyL

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card using some great Sue Wilson dies.
    Stephanie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sue
    I absolutely love this card it’s so beautiful!
    Hugs x
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete