A daily papercrafting blog which features my handmade cards showcasing Creative Expression's products including my own line of cutting dies and embossing folders, Cosmic Shimmer, Ranger and more which use various techniques and ideas to hopefully inspire the creativity in you.
Tutorials
▼
Thursday, 1 October 2026
Gardeners Know All The Dirt
Hello crafters! I thought I would share more of Ralph and Edna today. I started with a piece of white card and sponged a blue sky using Tumbled Glass distress ink. Next I washed in a grassy section to the bottom. I cut the Lovin' Life Pierced Frame out of white card and added mounting foam to the back of it. I attached the sponged background to it. I stamped out Ralph and Edna in black ink and coloured them with markers. I added both of them to the scene with mounting foam. I cut the sunflowers from the Autumn Scene die set. I cut three of them and added them to the middle of the card. I stamped the Gardeners Know All The Dirt sentiment from the Murray and Ethel's Garden Party die/stamp set and matted it with aqua card and added it to the top of the scene. I cut a larger piece of white card and embossed it with the Basketweave embossing folder. I added the framed scene to it with mounting foam. The card was completed with white mats and layers. The finished dimensions are 7 1/2" x 9" in size. All for now, Sue x

Good morning Sue and all wilsonettes, I love thes new characters, they remind me of when I was a child and my grandad being in his garden pottering about. What memories.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good morning Sue,
ReplyDeleteI love this card as it shows how people are in their own environment doing daily tasks like gardening. Yvonne xx
Just love these Stamps works so well with your layout
ReplyDeleteHi Sue
ReplyDeleteA great card.
B xx
Morning Sue, A brilliant card thank you. Take care all Kitty.
ReplyDeleteThis card brings found memories of my childhood, it beautiful
ReplyDeleteHeather Eldridge
Loving these old folk I just see my parents and their friends
ReplyDeleteElizabeth Bennett
Love the frame this composition has been set in. With all the characters you have so many possibilities. WakeyL
ReplyDeleteGreat post and it made me smile. Still loving that frame. My brain is working overtime on what I can do with it 😊
ReplyDelete