Tutorials

▼

Monday, 3 August 2026

Warm Winter Wishes

Hello bloggers!  For today's card, I started by cutting a piece of white card and embossing it with the Falling Snow embossing folder.  Next I cut the outer die for the Nostalgic Bauble Octagon die in black.  I cut the middle section with a piece of black card on top of a piece of white card.  I used the white card as a backing to the black die cut.  I added mounting foam to the back of it and added it to the first die cut.  I cut the centre die cut in black and backed just the ornaments in white.  I cut a piece of black card and added a sticky adhesive sheet to it then added Radiant Embers Atomix Glitter to it.  (The colour in person is super cool as it is both coppery and greenish depending on how the light hits it!  I wasn't able to get great pics of it sadly, but you can see it a little bit.  In person, it is really lovely though))  I added it behind the ornaments, then attached the entire piece to the embossed background.  I cut the Warm Winter Wishes sentiment from the Festive Wordie sheets and added it above the focal element with mounting foam.  The card was completed with black and white mats and layers.  The finished dimensions are 7 1/2"  x  7 1/2"  in size.   All for now, Sue x
 





























 
                                                                                    Follow my blog with Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Very nice love the octagonal shape
    Elizabeth Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Sue wow a brilliant card very dramatic thank you Take care all Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fact that the octagon isn't a traditional Christmas theme and can be used anytime. Looks good in this card. WakeyL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue
    A great card, the glitter is fabulous.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post using the new dies. Wasn’t sure on the colour of the glitter from the first picture until I scrolled through- what a beautiful colour! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Sue and all crafty friends, stunning sample with the sparkling background in the middle to display the beautiful die cuts, love it.
    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Sue,
    A beautiful striking card with your beautiful Octagon die. Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Sue
    Beautiful card I love the octagon shape!
    Hugs x
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. I love this set and made a card with it last week. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful festive card, Sue. I love the octagonal die cut.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete