Tutorials

Sunday, 2 August 2026

More Fun Trivia

Good Sunday morning all!  I have another special trivia for you today.  I have come up with another United Kingdom themed trivia for you.  I hope you like it!  Here are your twenty questions for Sunday:


1. Which seaside food was once nicknamed "sea truffles" by Victorian diners?

2. Which famous author lived at Hill Top Farm in the Lake District?

3. Which Scottish island is home to Fingal's Cave?

4. Which English lake is the largest in England?

5. Which famous British gardener introduced millions to gardening through the BBC programme Gardeners' World from 1968 to 1983?

6. Which English cathedral has the tallest church spire in the United Kingdom?

7. Which British bird is famous for hiding acorns that later grow into oak trees?

8. Which famous London market began life as a fruit and vegetable market before becoming known for crafts and street performers?

9. Which castle in North Wales is considered one of the finest examples of medieval military architecture in Europe?

10. Which British river flows through the city of Durham?

11. Which stately home is famous for appearing as Pemberley in the 2005 film Pride and Prejudice?

12. Which Scottish island gives its name to one of the world's best-known tweeds?

13. Which native British mammal curls into a ball when threatened?

14. Which city is known as the "City of Dreaming Spires"?

15. What is the oldest continuously published magazine in the UK?

16. Which British bird is nicknamed the "Flying Rainbow" because of its brilliant colours?

17. Which famous English garden was created by Vita Sackville-West and Harold Nicolson?

18. Which traditional British dessert was originally made with stale bread?

19. Which famous British inventor patented the safety lamp used by miners?

20. What was the first bridge built across the River Thames entirely of cast iron which opened in 1816?

Scroll down for the answers:




















Answers:

1. Cockels

2. Beatrix Potter

3. Staffa (in the inner Hebrides)

4. Lake Windermere

5. Percy Thrower

6. Salisbury Cathedral

7. The Eurasian Jay

8. Covent Gardens

9. Caernarfon Castle

10. The River Wear

11. Chatsworth House

12. Isle of Harris

13. Hedgehogs

14. Oxford

15. The Spectator

16. The Kingfisher

17. Sissinghurst Castle Gardens

18. Bread and Butter Pudding

19. Sir Humphry Davy

20. Vauxhall Bridge (the original one)


Okay, spill it, how did you do today?  I'm sure there were lots of these questions that you already knew, right?  Let me know how you did in the comments!  Back to card posting tomorrow.  All for now, Sue x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue
    Great questions. I got 9 but should have got more if only my brain could have fished out the answers, all those years as a child watching Gardeners World with my dad but I couldn’t remember Percy’s name!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Sue. A brilliant quiz today I got 14 thank you Take care all Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 13! My highest score to date I think! X

    ReplyDelete