A daily papercrafting blog which features my handmade cards showcasing Creative Expression's products including my own line of cutting dies and embossing folders, Cosmic Shimmer, Ranger and more which use various techniques and ideas to hopefully inspire the creativity in you.
Tutorials
▼
Thursday, 13 August 2026
Merry Christmas
Hi there my crafty friends! Here's a fun Christmas card that you can make with only a couple of dies. I started by cutting a piece of white card and embossing it with the Nordic Tiles embossing folder. Next I cut the Heirloom Flourishes out of dark green card seven times. I arranged them to resemble a Christmas tree and glued them into place. I used the Holly Wreath Octagon die and cut the wreath out of yellow, red, and blue and used the "berries" as ornaments on the tree. I cut the star for the tree out of gold mirror card using the snowflake from the Christmas Angel 2026 and glued it to the top of the tree. I cut the Merry Christmas sentiment out of white and added it to a red backing piece that I glittered. I added it above the tree with mounting foam. The card was competed with white mats and layers. The finished dimensions are 6 3/4" x 8 1/4" in size. All for now, Sue x

Hi Sue
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. The flourishes make a great Christmas tree.
B xx
Good morning Sue and all Wilsonettes, hat a beautiful creation and I love the way you used the star thing from the Christmas Angel to add to the top of the tree, very clever.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning Sue. a very pretty card it's amazing what one die can turn into. Take care all and keep cool Kitty.
ReplyDeleteGood morning Sue
ReplyDeleteWhen I first saw today’s card I thought it was a die I hadn’t seen before! What a clever idea I love using dies in different ways thanks for sharing! I love today’s card it’s beautiful.
Hugs x
Heather T
What great post and shows the versatility of the dies - really need to get my mojo back - this may help if I look at my dies differently 🤔😊
ReplyDeleteGood morning Sue,
ReplyDeleteA fabulous card using your Heirloom flourishes as a Christmas tree, definitely a fabulous twist with your dies for versatility. Yvonne xx
Different use of the flourishes clever
ReplyDeleteElizabeth Bennett
What a clever idea. I love it. X
ReplyDelete